f

Monday, October 13, 2014

The Emily Bag Sew Along/Week 2

Me Made Monday is going to be postponed until tomorrow, Tuesday morning, as it's raining like crazy and I didn't get my pictures taken earlier in the week. So hold tight and I will have the Me Made Monday post up first thing tomorrow morning.
Rather than wait, I thought I would go ahead and let you know that the post for week 2 of the Emily Bag sew along is up on the Sew News blog. You can find it here.
I have actually gone and made another bag!!! I really do like this pattern, obviously :)  Look closely and you will get a glimpse of my VERY messy studio!!
I decided to try something a little different with this bag and interface it with a fusible fleece. I really like the end result. In the video I show you the fabrics that I used and I talk about stitching the handle.



The blog post contains a list of all the fabrics and notions that you will need to duplicate the bag that I made. So over the next week you can gather all of your supplies and download the pattern if you have not done so already.
Be sure to join the Flickr group and upload your pictures. It's always fun to see what everyone is doing.
Before the sew along is over, I plan to make 1 more bag. The first 2 that I made have been spoken for and I have a feeling that the third will not be in my possession for long. So when you are thinking about your fabrics for the bag, you may want to think in mulitples!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. I love this bag, design and fabric are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bag looks great! When is the sew along? I can't seem to see the date anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sew along is going on now on the Sew News blog. Next week I will post instructions for the interior zipper and basic instructions for assembling the bag. The final week will be about the customizing details that I did.

      Delete
  3. The green caught my eye and then the design just confirmed what a great bag this is. Must make one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really lovely bag and looks a great size and shape for lugging things around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bag is a very generous size. Did you see the picture I posted last week where I had about 8 pairs of shoes packed into the bag? For a shoeaholic like me, maybe the bag is too big!!!

      Delete
  5. I ordered the pattern for the Emily bag and am looking forward to making it up. I am so inspired by your creations. Also I made up a muslin of the leopard fur/plaid jacket for my daughter (in your most recent post). Clever, Clever pattern. And it is so high-end looking!! Unfortunately, she is quite short waisted so it didn't quite suit her frame. I will be sure to buy the magazine to see if I can amend it for her.
    I always look forward to reading your posts!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable bag! I use fusible fleece a lot in my bags. Most of the time it's part of a double layer made up of fusible fleece and Decor Bond fusible interfacing. That gives a firm finish but a soft look.

    ReplyDelete