f

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Susan Khalje Is Coming To Chicago!!!!!

I have some very exciting news!!! Susan Khalje is coming to Chicago and she has asked me team up with her for a 1 day seminar!!!! 
Read below for all of the details. There are a limited number of openings and 2 have already been spoken for, so if you would like to join us, please be sure to sign up as soon as possible.  

COUTURE SEWING OPEN HOUSE
Saturday, November 22 in Chicago 
 
Need a muslin fitted?
Couture sewing advice?
Design direction?
Want to learn a new technique or two?
 

And get a chance to examine a number of garments from Susan Khalje's Threads Magazine articles and upcoming videos?

Then join me and Chicago couture sewer, designer, and blogger Rhonda Buss at Soutache on Saturday, November 22 from 10am – 5pm

The cost of the seminar is $75; to guarantee your space, please email Susan at 
SusanKhalje@gmail.com to confirm that you'll be attending. Payment will be collected the day of the seminar.

We look forward to seeing you at Soutache!!
— Susan and Rhonda



Maile Powell's lovely boutique Soutache is located at:
2130 N. Damen Avenue
Chicago, IL 6047


I'll also be bringing along a number of items for sale, including Japanese hand-sewing needles and pins; turned-wood seam rippers and tracing wheels; vintage Chanel trims and buttons from Paris, French pin cushions and more.  If you're interested in large sheets of waxed tracing paper and silk organza, please let me know ahead of time so I can be sure to bring enough.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! I wish I could go, but I guess I'll just have to wait and read ;) all about it next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that is fantastic. You're going to have a ball and I can't wait to read all about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing. Wish I could go. Have a great day. Xx

    ReplyDelete