f

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Brunch

I've been dying to try this recipe for a while, and today was finally the day! If I'm not mistaken, I came across it on Pinterest. Where else, right? The picture of the bread looked so good.
The shredded bits you see are carrots and not cheese. I am a carrot nut, so I knew I had to give the recipe a try. It's from A Beautiful Mess and the recipe is Cashew Carrot Bread. You can find it here.
Here's my version,
As usual, I made a few changes and they are in red below. You can find all of the instructions on the Beautiful Mess website.

 Cashew Carrot Bread, makes 1 loaf.
1 cup grated carrots, I used 1 1/2 cups
1/2 cup cashews, I used pecans
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon, I used 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
I added 1/2 cup of golden raisins and I sprinkled the top of my bread with chopped pecans rather than doing the glaze. I used pecans because I like the taste better than I like the taste of cashews. I feel that pecans have a little more of a robust flavor. The bread is fabulous and I am not exaggerating! I will be making this again and will probably be keeping a few in the freezer as well for unexpected guests.
If you are like me and love carrots, here are a couple of soups that I have made that are easy to make and taste great.
So be good to your eyes...and your stomach and eat a few carrots!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, yummy! Especially love the carrot bowl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These recipes sound wonderful. I am a carrot nut too. I love carrot salad and you have reminded me I need to make a bowl full. Thanks for the recipes, Rhonda. I will definitely be trying these.

    ReplyDelete