f

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Little Fall Decorating

The Wednesday Showcase post will come a little later today. I'll be sitting in the airport for some time this afternoon, so I'll have a little more time then. But just quickly, I thought I would share a project that I've been working on over the last couple of weeks.
A few years ago, I found this article in a Country Living magazine for decoupaged pumpkins. I loved the idea of using fabric to decorate artificial pumpkins.
It's a great way to use up scraps and make something pretty.
And I have something that I can use year after year. You can see the original post and the how-tos here.
I'm the social chairman for a musician's group and one of my jobs is to decorate the tables for the monthly luncheons. I enjoy doing something special when I can, so this month, I decorated artificial pumpkins with musical fabric!
 I added some artificial leaves, moss and the tiny little pinecone looking seed pods that I found on a walk.
All lined up and ready to go. I think they will look especially pretty on the tables.
I bought a couple of extra pumpkins for myself and I am planning to decorate them with some sewing related fabric. Why not, right???
Happy Fall decorating!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. These are so cute. They would look great for Hallowe'en in something a bit dark. What a great idea. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, the only limit here is the imagination!

      Delete
    2. Now you have me thinking about a Dia De Los Meurtos pumpkin, and I have just the fabric too. Thanks for the inspiration. We have a lovely Mexican-American museum here in Chicago that does a lovely and touching exhibit for the holiday. It's a real highlight for me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I wish I could take credit for the idea :). They really are cute!

      Delete
  3. Ok, now I know you're Wonder Woman in disguise. She knits. She sews. She collects hundreds of pillowcases for charity. She cooks. She flies. And she decorates pumpkins! How you do it all, I'll never know. The pumpkins will give the luncheon so much autumnal color. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fantastic! Love what you've done with the pumpkins!
    All my best from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete