f

Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday Morning Inspiration

It's All In The Details
We can make a million basic t-shirts, and in the end, that's all they will be. Utilitarian, but with no spark, unless a detail is added. Every garment would be just a basic garment if it weren't for that special little detail that catches the eye.
Spider web stitching and artfully placed cut outs add interest to a basic black dress.
This is an antique garment that I just had to include as I thought it was just so beautiful.
I love the frayed seams and the patchwork detail on this jacket.
This technique can be found in the book Pattern Magic 2 by Tomoko Nakamichi along with many other fabulous detail ideas.
A lovely idea, but be careful. Notice the gap in the cut of the neckline. If the tab is not positioned correctly, the neckline will not not lay flat.
Another fun cut out idea for the back of a shirt.
Bias strips with peek a boo openings.

Neither of these pockets are especially practical, but interesting nonetheless.
At first glance you might think this is Alabama Chanin, but no. The embroidery is satin stitched and there's a separate under layer. Just a hint of this on a shoulder of would lovely.
A very basic top made interesting with the addition of a chiffon inset, button loops and buttons.
A basic raglan sleeved top accented with zippers. It looks as though the zipper goes from the front to the back. Since this is from St, Laurent, I would imagine that the top is cashmere, so not so basic ;)  
The back of a basic jacket given a special touch with the smocking detail. It wouldn't need to be this detailed, just a touch would be nice.
I would not put this on a pair of shorts, but I love the idea of a leather overlay on a skirt. There would be no room for weight gain!!!
I have no idea how this was done, but I love it. It must be a photo transfer of some sort. If anyone knows, please tell me!!! I would love to do this.
Another accented edge from a vintage Chanel coat. Lovely.
Isn't this fun! Car wash strips over an ultra feminine full skirt. Might be fun to have a solid front and this detail only in the back.
I would be remiss to not include a piece from Alabama Chanin. This piece caught my eye as I love the mix. The skirt is relatively simple to do. Gathered strips that are beaded down the center.
The detail on the skirt is the same as what I did on my French jacket.
Another detail from my closet. The jacket is in desperate need of a good steaming, please forgive me. The jacket pattern was cut into sections and each section piped. The sections were then stitched back together and accented with beads.
I plan to wear this soon, so it will be in an upcoming Me Made Monday post with more pictures.
Hope this gives you a little detail inspiration.
Have a lovely week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I love them all. Great inspirational post. Pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post! These are beautiful details that make me want to up my game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I see your posts. Your game is pretty up there :) Glad you enjoyed the post though.

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Rhonda, for such inspiration on a rainy Monday! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many fun ideas. For the one with the photo on it, It appears to be digitally printed yardage, carefully laid out so that none of the image is caught in the darts. When I google image search it, I see it's from the Akris Spring/Summer 2012 collection (http://www.akris.ch/en/akris-runway-spring-summer2012), which includes several examples of digital-printed designs on simple silhouettes. Such inspiration! A little Photoshop play, a couple of yards printed from Spoonflower, a simple pattern, and I've got a beautiful and unique blouse or dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for doing the research Jessica! I know nothing about photoshop, but I am taking a class the first of November. Can't wait!

      Delete
  5. Wow, they are all fantastic. I love all these details. Your jacket is really unusual and eye-catching. What a fabulous design. I bet the beads really sing in the sunlight.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my!! I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Your gray jacket is magnificent! And the car wash skirt! And the applique cutouts. I'd only disagree with you about the Saint Laurent. I think it looks like plain ol' cotton sweatshirt fleece. Probably 400 Euros, but still just a jazzed up sweatshirt than anyone could do. Looks like each of the raglan seams has a zipper. I just love all these details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing on the YSL sweatshirt, but I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt ;) I do like the zipper idea on the raglan seams though.

      Delete
  7. OMG!!! Those pockets !!! Dear Rhonda, you´re (completely) a inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly is all in the details - the little bits that make a garment stand out from the crowd, and you've showcased such a wonderful selection here. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all of these wonderful photos. The ideas they contain are definitely inspirational! I love your jacket shown at the end. The way you cut it apart and sewed it together again is masterful. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for bringing such great inspirations on your blog. Those knots and necklines are awesome and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Rhonda. I always look for your Monday inspiration. I especially love your own jacket. It reminds me of pieces shown in the Chado Ralph Rucci article in Vogue Patterns Magazine a few years ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite a compliment Diana!!! You just made my day, thanks :)

      Delete
  12. Your interest in haute couture interests and inspires me. The new jacket is wearable art.

    ReplyDelete