f

Thursday, October 3, 2013

There's Mystery In The Air

It's a foggy day here in Chicago. I love days like this. It's as if anything can happen, anything can step out of the fog, mystery, intrigue, suspense! So it is very fitting that I post this group of pillowcases this morning. Fortunately, I was able to photograph them just before the rain came in. So, here's the mystery. The package had a return address, but no name. Inside the package were 6 very sweet cases, but again, no name. I have tried to be very diligent about keeping a file of all of the emails I have received. Over the last few days I have searched and searched to try and find who it might possibly be. I did find one, emailed her hoping that the mystery was solved and sadly, they weren't her cases. So the mystery remains. If these cases belong to you, please email me, sewbussted@yahoo.com and let me know as I would love for you to receive the credit that you deserve.
 I love anything aviation related....up, up and away!!!!
 Such a cute little print.
 This case is one solid piece of fabric. I love the embroidery detailed that was used to give a little definition.
So, once again, here they all hang together, 6 little pillowcases that made their way to Chicago from Michigan. The postal stamp was of all places, Novi, Michigan. I am hoping that the mystery will soon be solved. In the meantime, thank you so much. Our total is now 757 and growing!
As I'm sure you know by now, these pillowcases are for the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital pillowcase drive. We are trying to collect 900 pillowcases, a one month's supply. If you would like to participate, email me and let me know. I love hearing from you! Here's a link to the simplified instructions that I did,  http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html. You are welcome to use your favorite pattern or instructions. You do not have to use mine. And, if you would like to read more about the project, here is a link to all of the posts that have been done to date,  http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge
Thanks so much!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. I wish it was that simple :) There is a return address that is not Novi. I'm think about sending a note and addressing it to "Resident" if I don't get a response to the blog post. I just hate to do that though as it is so impersonal. Keeping my fingers crossed that the owner will respond. Thanks Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, if you do end up having to write to the sender, instead of addressing it to 'the resident' name them the fairy-pillowcase-godmother? Or the mystery-pillowcase-sender? Would give them a good giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! I haven't heard from them yet, so I may have to send the letter.

    ReplyDelete