f

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hello From Denver

Hi Everyone! Just a quick check in. I'm sitting in the Denver airport waiting for my flight back to Chicago. I've only been away from home for only a couple of days, but it seems like a week. So much has happened in such a short amount of time. I had a call time of 7:30 a.m. for the taping of the Sew It All program. Everything went like clock work. Ellen was just wonderful. I had been a nervous wreck before I arrived, worried that I might not have everything as organized as I should be, but it all worked out. The taping went so smoothly, all done in one take. I went through each step of the Perfect Travel Dress and it felt as though only 5 minutes had passed when in reality it was 25 minutes. Incredible!
My heart is rather full at the moment. It's because of you that I was able to have this experience which is really a dream come true. Thank you for your votes that made this happen and an even bigger thank you for your continued support. How could I be so lucky?
I'll be back home later this evening and tomorrow I'll be back to share a little more of my experience, and get back to my regular posts. I plan to draft a top for Friday that is based on a triangle. I think it will be a lot of fun.
Once again, a big, big thank you! You all are just the best. I'm
so very fortunate to be a part of this wonderful sewing community.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. You are the best Rhonda, I really hope it went well and I can't wait to see the episode!

    Get back home and get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very nerve wracking presenting a show, Rhonda - and it seems as though you had a good person to guide you through the process and could keep you a little calm during this. It must all seem a little surreal to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah. Ellen was wonderful in how she took me through the process. And yes, the whole thing has always seemed so surreal from winning the contest to the event finally happening.

      Delete
  3. So happy to hear that everything went so smooth. You are so generous with all of us; appreciate you, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so looking forward to seeing this show, and hoping that I will be able to get it wherever I am at the time. Be sure to let us know when it airs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out that the show is taped through an Iowa PBS station and it airs just about everywhere, in america anyway. But I also found out that once the program airs, you can download the episode for $1.99.

      Delete
  5. Yes, please let us know the schedule, what and where. You so deserve this honor and I know you did a heck of a job. You are a natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bunny :) Once I find out what the schedule will be, I will let you know. I think it will probably air either in February or March of next year.

      Delete