f

Monday, October 14, 2013

Autumn Amber and Blue, Blue Skies

Winter is on its way!! I can feel it in the air. The winds are very strong today, so it made it a little difficult to get a good shot of these beautiful pillowcases. You can see a pile of firewood stacked up in the background. I'm tempted to light a fire tonight. Sounds really nice.  
These are from Karen who lives in Jamaica, NY. One of the many things that I love about this pillowcase project is that I am also getting a geography lesson along the way. When  new batch of pillowcases arrive, I have to get out my map and see exactly where they are from. You know, that gives me an idea!! I am going to go through and collect all the address and place a pin on a map to represent where all of the pillowcases have come from. I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. Oh well, better late than never!  
I love the colors of these cases. Like the title of this post, autumn amber and blue, blue skies. Lovely.
 Thank you so much Karen for your contribution.
Our total now stands at 772. Actually, the numbers are higher, but I'll wait and let you see Nancy's tomorrow. We are so close to 800, too, too exciting!!!
So yes, we are close, but we aren't there yet. 900 is the goal. In case you are new to the blog or you are just finding out about this project, the reason for a goal of 900, is that this is how many pillowcases the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma, Washington goes through in a month. I am hoping that as a blogging community we can donate a month's worth of pillowcases. We will, we're almost there. If you think you would like to participate in the project, here is a link to the simplified pillowcase instructions, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html If you are participating, email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com and let me know. If you would like to see all that posts that have been done to date, here is a link, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge I also started a Pinterest board which you can find here, http://www.pinterest.com/sewbussted/pillowcases-for-mary-bridge-childrens-hospital/ I have not linked all of the posts to this board, but I plan to.
Thanks again Karen and thank you to everyone who has participated and helped bring our numbers of pillowcases to such an incredible number.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. I made you four more cases today. I'll try to get them in the mail tomorrow. I will keep making them as time permits.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joy. That is so very generous of you :)

      Delete