f

Monday, October 21, 2013

Steee-rike On A Psychedelic Beach

I am having the best time of thinking up titles for the pillowcase posts!!
This batch of eight came from Patty of  http://sewmuchknitting.blogspot.com/ and they are such fun!
 I must be crazy, but I REALLY want some of this fabric. Wouldn't this be a fun skirt?!!
Most of the cases are sports themed and they are cute. Not that I don't like other sports, but I'm in love with those pins! Yup, I'm bowling pin crazy!
 And finally, our psychedelic beach. I can feel the warm sand between my toes now :)
It's fairly windy today and cold. I always laugh each year when the weather begins to change. On this side of winter, we all think it is cold. Once we are on the other side, we'll think this is quite warm and people will be running around in shorts. Thanks so much Patty for your contribution to the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital pillowcase drive. Your 8 brings us to a total of 816 pillowcases. We keep moving closer and closer to the goal of 900. I'm hoping to do the final hanging over Thanksgiving weekend. Rather appropriate don't you think? :) If I am able to hang 900 pillowcases that weekend, it doesn't mean that you can't still contribute to the project. The pillowcases will not go to Washington until February. In my heart I hope we'll reach 1000. Not necessary,just hoping :)
We're still 84 cases away from reaching the 900 mark, so if you would like to contribute to the project, here is a link to the simplified pillowcase instructions, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html. If you would like to read more about the project, here is a link to all of the posts I've done, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge and here is a link to the Pinterest board that I created,  http://www.pinterest.com/sewbussted/pillowcases-for-mary-bridge-childrens-hospital/
When the project first started, it felt a little like the beginning of winter here in Chicago. 100 pillowcases seemed so monumental. Now that we are approaching 900, 84 seems like nothing. Maybe I'll go put some shorts on :)
Thanks so much for all so many of you have done to make this project happen.
Rhonda.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment