f

Friday, October 11, 2013

Sugar Plum Part 2

I promised pictures of my Sugar Plum dress from Lolita Patterns at least a week ago. Hopefully better late than never ;) Not my usual hairdo today. I pulled it back because I allowed it to dry normally and it is curly and wild. 
I should have taken more pictures. My husband was in a hurry, oh well. At least you see the dress on me. It really is a very attractive dress. I want to get a belt made to wear with it as I think it will be a nice touch.
A few of you commented on the sleeve and thought that it might not work for you. It does have the gathering detail, but it can be left off if you like.
And here are my shoes. I have had these shoes for years and years and years. I've always loved them, but for what ever reason, I just haven't worn them very often. Get ready shoes, you're going to do some walkin'!! They are pretty aren't they?!!
Since you've made it this far in the blog, I have a fun little surprise for you. If you would like to have a chance of winning a Sugar Plum pattern of your very own, you can head over to http://sewingfantaticdiary.blogspot.com/2013/10/lolita-patterns-sugar-plum-pattern.html She is giving one away, Woo Hoo!!!! Just make sure you leave a comment on the post by midnight Sunday, October 13th in order to be in the drawing. Good Luck!
If you aren't the lucky winner, then head over to http://www.lolitapatterns.com/shop/ and pick up one.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

26 comments:

  1. Such a cute dress. And what a perfectly matching pair of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress, but those shoes are just glorious. You have the best shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I see a pair of shoes that I really like, I'll buy them whether I have something to wear them with or not. It seems the perfect outfit always crops up :)

      Delete
  3. Woo hoo. You look very 'together'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I would also like to make a jacket so I can stretch the dress into fall.

      Delete
  4. Love the colors in the dress and shoes. Darling sleeve. Remember to show us the dress with the belt when you get it done.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have posted it again, so I'm glad you asked. Thanks Joy!

      Delete
  5. The pattern could be quite versatile. I was just thinking that just about any skirt could be paired with the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shoes are pretty amazing and they work perfectly with this dress and the more I see of this pattern the more I am tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress. Great shoes. Great lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress looks great on you and I like the fluffy hair too. The shoes? They have been waiting for the perfect garment to turn up and it did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh your shoes are amazing, the dress is beautiful too. What a wonderful match, I just love the colours, suits you:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress does suit you very nicely - and the shoes are just gorgeous. Your hair looks nice done up - sometimes a very quick solution on those rushed days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those shoes are incredible...and go perfectly with your Sugar Plum! You are absolutely right about the sleeve...some testers did not do the gathering at the edge and it turns out just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are looking so pretty,dress and shoes are matching very well and the bright blue color is lightening your complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shoes are wonderful, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dress looks so pretty, and wow those shoes - I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful dress -- and those shoes really make the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a BEAUTIFUL dress! Love, love the floral fabric and it is a perfect color blocked combination! Pretty, pretty shoes. Yes indeed! Perfect size heel for lots of walking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty dress - perfect for your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So stylish and great shoes to team it with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love the dress and being a shoes fanatic, love the shoes too!

    ReplyDelete