f

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sunflowers With a Purple Heart

I'm sure you will remember Joy from last week's Wednesday Showcase. She's the lady with the infectious smile :) Well, she sent in 10 pillowcases for the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital pillowcase drive and like ALL the others, they are so very delightful.
Now that I've had a chance to get to know her just a bit, I know that bright and cheery is exactly her cup of tea! Lovely prints like this tropical piece,
butterflies that are as whimsical as they can be,
and sunflowers with a purple heart. So, so sweet.
That brings our total to 751 pillowcases!!!!! And I know that more are on the way. Actually, there are cases on my living room coffee table waiting to be photographed so there are more right here in my house that aren't a part of this total. Exciting! Thanks so much Joy for your contribution.  
Yes, we are getting closer and closer, but we aren't there yet. So, if you've thought that you might like to contribute to the project, here is a link to the simplified instructions that I did, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html If you have a pattern or instructions that you prefer to use, that's fine, I was just trying to make the process a little easier :) If by chance you are just reading about the project for the first time and you would like to learn a little more, here is a link to all of the posts that I have done to date, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge
If you would like to contribute to the project, email me and let me know. My email address is sewbussted@yahoo.com.
Thank you, thank you!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. Rhonda,
    I found out today at the hospital Facebook page that they need quilts for the babies too. They are supposed to be 4' x 4'. Since I have a long arm, I may make some quilts when I get some time. What a NICE hospital!
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice of you Joy. On behalf of the hospital, thank you!

      Delete