f

Thursday, October 10, 2013

It's Been A Sloooow Day

I think that I've had a little too much tension in the last week and a half! Between the Passion For Fashion Contest and then the taping of the Sew It All program, I completely crashed today. I am so happy that I could :) I think my dogs have loved every minute of it as they have not left my side.
The trip to Denver was really wonderful. As I said last night, Ellen March, the editor of Sew News and the host of Sew It All, did an incredible job at helping me to feel much more at ease with the whole process. If you would like to see a picture of me on the set, just click here. I did not take one picture while I was there. So sorry. At least a picture does exist to prove I was there!!! To prepare for the program, I made one entire dress and then three more in various stages. There is no way that I could go through each step in twenty five minutes, so in order to explain the process, I needed to have the dress broken down into various stages. Now I'm going to have to figure out what to do with three extra dresses!
After the taping, I spent a good part of the afternoon talking to a dynamite lady, Jill, who works for Sew News and is in charge of the Sew News blog. She and I have worked together on the blog posts that I have done. What a treat it was to finally meet her in person. We have some great things coming up that I'm super excited about. I'll keep you posted once it all starts to take place. I can tell you that I will be doing some videos for a sew along that will start in February. I told you that it is exciting!!!!!
Just quickly, I would like to give a shout out to Stacy of http://stacysewsblog.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/linky-thursday-16/. She actually taped two shows and on the same day!! We had hoped to have dinner together on Monday night, but thanks to MapQuest, I managed to get lost while trying to find the hotel. I so enjoyed having the opportunity to at least meet her though. If you have never checked out her blog, do so as she is always up to something interesting. The link that I posted is to her Linky Thursday post. Every Thursday she posts links to so many wonderful tutorials and free patterns. She has linked to me at least twice in the past. Very nice and such an honor!!
You may have noticed the button that is in the top right hand corner of the blog,

Sarah of http://www.sarahlizsewstyle.blogspot.com.au/ is hosting a challenge to make a garment a month, start to finish. You are probably wondering why, when I do as much sewing as I do that this would appeal to me. Well, here's why, I have a drawer full of cut out pieces and half finished pieces that I want to finish, like a lovely black cashmere coat.Yup, I'm just that bad. And, that's only the start of it. I'm not sure exactly how long Sarah would like for this challenge to last, but at least I'll have some incentive to get these things out and on my back. I'm committed now!! I had thought that I would finish up the cashmere coat first, but I have changed my mind. I cut out this wonderful Barbie Blue(it is my favorite color!!)corduroy skirt and jacket and it is perfect for the weather that we are having here in Chicago at the moment. The pattern is a now vintage;) Geoffrey Beene Vogue pattern.
My current "when I watch television project" is another piece that I started a while back. Once again, shame on me!!
It's from this Kaffe Fassett book and it's the sweater pictured below. Not one of his complicated patterned pieces. Actually, quite simple and straight forward, but I really like it.
 I'm well on my way, finished with the back and about half way finished with the front.
So now, I think I'm going to take my sweater, turn the television on and wait for Project Runway to come on and then I'm off to bed. Hopefully a good night's rest will be just what I need to feel rejuvenated :)
See you tomorrow!
Rhonda
P.S. Thanks again for all of your support over the last weeks. All of your notes of encouragement, well, it's just the best thing in the world!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. You deserve a day of rest! take some time and get back to normal.
    You have done so many things to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I thought I was busy at the moment - congratulations on your spot on the Sew News show - sadly we only have the sewing bee here and that only lasts for a few weeks. Enjoy your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool, Rhonda, with such exciting things happening! You really deserve a day of rest and it's good to do it voluntarily! I look forward to seeing what new things you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, such pretty colors in your sweater!

    I'm really glad you had such a great experience in Denver. I hope you'll link to the episode when it's live!

    ReplyDelete