f

Thursday, September 26, 2013

What A Day!

Just a little update about my first day. About halfway into my journey, I saw that the air in one of my tires was low. So, I stopped and put air in the tire and went on my way. Well, that wasn't the end of it, the tire continued to loose air so off to another gas station where I found a shop that changes oil but not tires. They sent me to a mechanic/tire guy who was able to fix the tire. It had a nail in it so it really did need to be fixed. So lucky thing number one.
Next up, I arrived and as I began to unpack the car, I realized that I had left ALL of my clothes at home. In a panic, I called my very dear husband who proceeded to throw my bag along with both of our dogs in the car and is now on his way to rescue me. Lucky thing number two.
We chose our models tonight. We won't be given our challenge until tomorrow morning. My lovely model had told me that she would be participating again this year and I really wanted her, but I drew number eleven out of twelve. Bummer. I just knew I would loose her, after all, she's gorgeous, but lucky thing number three, she's mine!!!!!!!!!!
All of the wonderful luck you are sending my way, it's getting here!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I'll try to check in tomorrow.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

15 comments:

  1. Good thing you are getting this minor woes out of the way so you can kill it during the competition! Yay on getting the model you wanted. And Yay for a sweet, thoughtful husband. Thanks for the report and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots more luck from Australia. Your husband continues to be a wonderful man too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, you have been on my mind all day - I wrote a note this morning, but had to get to my husband's practice to sort out a roof that had blown off, and promised to myself to write a Congrats note to you for your opportunity as soon as I got in - so Congrats. What a day you have had - and how lovely of your husband to come to your aid - which I am sure he loved:) Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh what a day - more good luck wishes to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh - what a day indeed! I'm so glad everything worked out for you! Let's hope today goes more smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhonda I'm glad everything worked out for you. I hope to see you tomorrow. That's right I plan on spending some time at the in the vendor area tomorrow. Won't be taking any classes. Will make every effort to see you but don't won't to disturb while you're getting your sew on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! what a start to the event! Glad all worked out so well and hopefully all the glitches for this trip are over and done! Good luck--all good wishes for luck are streaming your way! Go Girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear! Take a deep breath and today is a new day ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like quite a day, but in the end everything turned out well. Your cover outfit in your prior post is fantastic -- wow, love that collar! Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm taking deep breaths on your behalf. Glad it's all turning out so well. Looking forward to your updates. Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. heehee, it took me a few sentences in to realize you're driving, not flying - the suspense was killing me (big staring eyes emoticon) !!

    Sending lots of luck and rooting for you big time! Give hubby a hug from all of your fans, for helping our favorite gal!! steph

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay all around! Seems that fate is on your side this trip.
    Now you can focus on knocking it out of the park.
    Best wishes and big hugs from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fingers crossed your luck continues to run this way - best wishes for smooth sewing during the challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with year -

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Rhonda, I cross my fingers for you, all the best luck in the world from this corner of the world. Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you the very best. Hoping that good luck streak continues....but with you it's not luck but talent.

    ReplyDelete