f

Saturday, September 21, 2013

See Through Ladybugs

After hanging the 450 pillowcases last week, I was a little give out(tired). Couple that with the fact that we had a good bit of rain this week, and the result is....I am behind on posting the pillowcases that have come in.
I received a note from Sandra of www.makingitwithhelp.blogspot.com, and she told me that she was sending in pillowcases and she hoped that they would arrive in time for the hanging of the 450. They arrived the day before, so since I knew that she would like to be included, I added her nine to the pile. The only problem was that I had not documented the pillowcases, so I needed to remember where I hung them. Thankfully, I did and they were put in the line up of pillowcases that still need to be documented.
So here they are.
I love how the plaid pillowcases remind me of L.L. Bean which to me means cabins, fireplaces, and snow. Can you tell I'm beginning to think about snowshoeing and skiing?!!   
 And look at how cute this is, ladybugs, bees and plaid.
 Cat faces that even Andy Warhol would be proud of.
 And lovely fans in the breeze.
When I opened Sandra's package, she had included a card and in it she said that there was a little gift for me included in the package. I couldn't have been more surprised when I saw that she had enclosed one of her sweet little see through Ladybug bags! Lucky me!!!!! She had done a post about the bag and had even hosted a giveaway, which I did not win :) You can read all about the bag here and find out how to get the pattern as well, http://www.makingitwithhelp.blogspot.com/2013/08/pattern-mini-review-and-giveaway.html
Sandra even included a little bottle of lotion for dry skin. How did she know? So in the end, I was happy that I didn't win the bag as receiving it as a gift makes it all the more special.
Thanks again Sandra for your lovely contribution to the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital pillowcase drive and a special thank you for the sweet little bag.
In her card, Sandra mentioned how much she enjoyed the simplified instructions that I did. If you are interested in contributing to the project, or would just like to make a few pillowcases for yourself, you can find the instructions here, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html
If you would like to contribute to the project, just email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com and let me know.
Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. "give out" so reminds me of my Mom. She used that term so often after a hard day. thanks for the memory. I'm sure I use it too and never even notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've completely lost my "Texas" accent when I speak, but i've managed to hold on to y'all, give out and asking my husband to carry me to the store :) some things just become a part of you I guess. So happy that I was able to bring back some sweet memories.

      Delete
  2. Rhonda,
    You will be receiving my ten cases soon. You DO NOT have to hang them or photo them or anything for me. I already took pics. Please don't go to any trouble.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually enjoy documenting the pillowcases, so it's no bother at all. Thanks so much. Looking forward to your package:)

      Delete
  3. Hi Rhonda, I'm just starting to catch up with blog reading. Thanks so much for all of your nice photos and comments about the pillowcases I sent you (and the little gift for you as well). You are one amazing woman, and it is truly a pleasure to be a part of this project. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra! I'm so happy that you were able to participate and I love my new little bag :)

      Delete