f

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Go Raw in a Skulotte!!

I feel so bad! I had promised to get back to the Zebra Dress tutorials today, but life has been a little more hectic than I had thought it would be, so it's going to have to wait another day. But I do have something wonderful to share this afternoon. You may remember the skulotte pattern I posted for Fabulous Free Pattern Friday here, http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/07/fabulous-free-pattern-friday_19.html
It's just two rectangles sewn together with a triangle cut in the bottom for the crotch. I called it a skulotte for lack of a better word to call it. What else do you call a skirt that isn't a skirt and isn't really a culotte?!!
Look at the lovely picture that came to my inbox today. Doesn't she look fabulous?! Wow, do I ever love the "skulotte" made up in this fabric. Absolutely sensational.
This is Joi of http://tastyrawfood.com/. Yes, you read that correctly, tasty raw food. Joi and I emailed back and forth some time ago. We have some wonderful raw food restaurants here in Chicago. I love going and I love the food, I just can't quite commit to the lifestyle. I encourage you to check out Joi's blog. She has posted recipes and the blog in general is full of great information.
Joi has also written a cookbook. You can find the link here, http://tastyrawfood.com/publications If you've never tried a raw food recipe, I encourage you to give it a try. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks so much for giving the pattern a try Joi. I now want to find a great piece of African print fabric and make another :)



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

13 comments:

  1. Go raw in a skulotte? OMG, what a funny title! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I wanted to tie in what Joi made with what she does.

      Delete
  2. I love making raw food meals- my favorite recipe is a raw food recipe! I am not a raw foodist, but I do think raw foods are an important part of our diet. I am headed over to check out her website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, I love going to the restaurants here that have a raw food menu. I've just been a little too lazy to incorporate it into my at home diet.

      Delete
  3. Oh cool! I must try this. Those look so flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I just couldn't believe it when I opened her email and saw the picture. I love the fabric she chose and I think it looks fabulous on her.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing Joi's skulotte.....so cool!
    I'm thinking about making these in a lightweight, drapey wool for
    Fall, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that as long as the fabric is truly lightweight and drapey, it will be fine.

      Delete
  6. You both look very fashion forward in this ingenious style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imagine my surprise when I saw Joi on your blog. We attended graduate school together. I didn't know Joi sewed. I have to reach out to her. She does look great in the skulotte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a wonderful and ever so small a world it is. So happy that the two of you will be reconnecting.

      Delete