f

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lavender Dreams

Before the day completely gets away from me, I wanted to get another pillowcase post in. I need to get all the pillowcases posted as they are stacked up in my living room at the moment. Actually, it really doesn't matter because like most living rooms, it gets looked at more than used!!!
I entitled this post lavender dreams because when I received Robyn's package, there was a little surprise for me,
some lovely little sprigs of lavender. I do love lavender. I especially like to iron my sheets with lavender scented water. Now, that doesn't happen as much as I would like, so please don't think I'm here ironing sheets all the time!!
Robyn had wanted to do one case, but she doubled her number and was able to do two and they are such fun.
 Sock Monkeys
and the cutest little frogs, both in flannel.
So, while I'm posting today, I thought I would do a two-fer!
You may remember Nancy. She made 9 pillowcases originally and used it as an opportunity to teach her little niece to sew. I LOVE this picture.
 She surprised me with another little package
of eight!
 They are just so cute.
Now who could resist this face?!!!!!
Thanks so much Robyn and Nancy. Such generous spirits.
By the way Robyn, I'm saving the lavender and making a little sachet to keep in one of my drawers. I'll post it once I get it together. Thanks for the special little gift :)
If you're new to the blog, these cases will be going to the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma, Washington. Here's a link to all the previous posts that have been done, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge
Thanks again ladies!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. If I ever get my relationship with time under some semblance of control again, I have to put your pillowcase project on my list! In the meantime, I'm so proud of you for coordinating this, and really enjoying seeing all of the adorable pillowcases :) Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jilly. It has been such a great experience. I have met some of the most wonderful ladies. I would do it all over again:)

      Delete
  2. Rhonda, these were fun to make! Thanks again for organizing this. Your excellent pattern instructions made it a very efficient project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you enjoyed doing the pillowcases Robyn :)
      As I was putting the lavender in a little plastic bag this morning, I had an idea for a small sachet. I think it will be rather fun. Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. My AB is very very very keen to sew and I hadn't thought of pillowcases until now. Thank you for the idea! How lovely.

    ReplyDelete