f

Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration

Good Morning Everyone and welcome to a new week!
This week, I once again have a spring issue of the Ungaro fabric swatch catalog to share. This has been a blast for me as I really enjoy taking a little time to look through the illustrations. Some of the pieces I find quite inspiring, others I just enjoy seeing the fabric combinations. I have not included all of the fabric swatches, just those that I thought were especially nice or interesting. As you scroll through, the swatches will be directly below the picture of the garment. I have two more books to share, both are fall/winter collections. So those will be shared in the upcoming weeks.
This is Spring/Summer 1990. The shoulders are still quite bold, but notice that they are beginning to diminish somewhat in size and the waist is the focal point.






























I hope you're enjoying seeing the pictures as much as I am enjoying going through the books.
Have a wonderful week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. Ungaro and Lacroix. Too of my favs from the 90's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO MUCH FUN! I don't even know what "Ungaro" is. Love so many of the fabrics. Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyree. Ungaro is a French fashion designer. Her has retired now. You can read about him here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Ungaro

      Delete
  3. Amazing! I want that pink plaid fabric.
    These are so relevant, I can see some of the necklines in modern designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like you, each time I look through these books I wish that I could buy some of the fabric. Maybe one day a warehouse will be found where all of these fabrics are stored and in mint condition ;) We can dream!!

      Delete
  4. Love the way they use 3 different fabrics. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned so much about fabric pairing from these books.

      Delete