f

Monday, September 9, 2013

Robot Pilots and Patriotic Dachsunds

A few years ago I met a wonderful lady, Jenny from Ohio. We both were in Nashville taking a class with Susan Khalje. The sad part about the class is that we worked so hard that we had no time to chat. Since then though, we have remained in touch. I'm super excited as she will be coming to the American Sewing Expo in Novi, MI the end of this month, so we've planned to have dinner together and we'll finally have some time to chat.
Jenny has been very busy over the summer as she made 30 pillowcases for the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital pillowcase drive. They arrived just before I left on my vacation, so I'm still catching up.   
 The line was so full, so I stood on my porch for the first picture.
Another from the yard. Beautiful. So colorful.
All of the pillowcases are just adorable.
 Robots flying airplanes,
 and star spangled, patriotic dachshunds.
 I love how she used up her scraps.
A number of you have done this and I think it makes for such an interesting case. I especially like all the patriotic prints in the pillowcase below.
One last shot of the lineup. Thank you so much Jenny. You now are a part of the band of pillowcase angels!!!
Just as I was walking in the house to post the pictures of Jenny's pillowcases, I noticed this monarch in the butterfly bush just outside my door. What a gift.




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. Rhonda,
    I made FIVE pillowcases for you today. You can see them on my blog post today at www.joyful-expressions.blogspot.com
    I will try to make some more for you. How do I get your address to mail them to you?
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I found your blog and left a message. Your cases are just delightful. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. You and your angels are making the most beautiful pillowcases! I'm looking forward to meeting (and making some) sewing friends in Novi, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, would like to meet you, Kristine. I hope our paths cross.
    Rhonda, you are the real angel with the pillowcases. We needed you to get us up off our fannies and do something that truly helps others. Once again, you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete