f

Friday, September 6, 2013

The Miracle of Creativity

Apologies are in order as I should have posted this yesterday. When I got home yesterday evening, my new camera had arrived. My old camera bit the dust on the very last day of my vacation. I'm glad that it lasted as long as it did, and I am thankful that the i-phone has a camera so I was able to get by until the new one arrived. Well, you know how it goes when you get a new toy, you just have to play with it for a bit. This little camera is amazing. It's basically the same camera I had before, a Panasonic Lumix,(I love the fact that I can put it in my pocket) but man oh man does it do so much more than my old camera that was only about four years old. But, I guess for electronics, four years makes it a stone age leftover!! Since the camera does so much more, I now need to sit down and watch the DVD that came with it and re-educate myself. Oh, the good old days when we could just point and shoot. Actually, except for the time spent learning something new, I like these brand new days much more :) 
So, the camera isn't the end of my excuse of a story. I had such a taste for Mexican food and we have a wonderful little family owned restaurant in our neighborhood that we can walk to. For those of you who may read this and live in Chicago, the restaurant is Los Nopales on Western Ave. The food is incredible. I had a piece of grilled Talapia that was, well, incredible!! I ate EVERY bite!! That is rather unusual for me, but I didn't have lunch and I was really hungry and it was really good. Once we got back home, I sat down and watched Project Runway. Yes, I know, the drama is a little, maybe more like a lot over the top, but I still rather enjoy it. I had every intention of getting up during the commercials and doing the post, but once my rear end hit that chair...that's where it stayed!
The pillowcases that I'm posting today came from Irene who lives in London, Ontario. She included this sweet little card,
and this note.
Isn't it amazing what can happen when creativity takes over?        
Her stash and creativity yielded 12 lovely cases.
I love the combination of the bees and the print that she used for the border.
Her other cases are so dreamy and inviting. I must confess that I was tempted to take the light blue ones and put them on my pillows. Don't worry Irene, I didn't!!

 A number of you have used eyelet for the borders and I think it makes for such a lovely and delicate case.
 Thank you so much Irene!!
I received another package of 10 in the mail yesterday. They'll be posted next week. So with that addition, that brings us down to 250 more cases needed to reach the goal of 900. I just can't believe how close we are. It's just incredible! If you would like to make one or a few, here's the link to the simplified instructions that I did, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html. Just email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com and let me know that you would like to participate. If by chance you have just happened upon this post and you are wondering what this is all about, the pillowcases are going to the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma, Washington. Each child that is admitted to the hospital is given a special pillowcase to keep as their own. Here is a link to all the posts that have been done on this project,  http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge
I just can't say thank you enough to all who have participated and all who are still working to help us meet the goal of 900. You are angels :) 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. I live in London Ontario too! Irene did a lovely job on the cases, and I'm so glad you are near your goal. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new camera -- it's always fun to have a new toy! The pillowcases are amazing -- so good to hear you are well on your way to reaching your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really happy that you are so close to hitting the goal for this beautiful project, dear Rhonda. You and the beautiful ladies who participated should be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhonda,
    I joined some kind of group years ago and made a dozen of these pillowcases for a swap in which I got a dozen in return. Unfortunately, they were for the small pillows you use for kids, a recliner, or a car, or I would send you all of those I have never used.
    I will see if I have some appropriate fabric left from my quilting stash and try to make some for you.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete