f

Friday, September 13, 2013

Surprises Are Always The Best

Last June, at our year end banquet, I told my fellow members of the Haute Couture Club of Chicago about the pillowcase drive for Mary Bridge Children's Hospital. So many took a copy of the instructions, but I had no idea who would actually participate. This past Saturday, I felt like a princess as a number of ladies bestowed me with bags of pillowcases. One of those ladies was Linda B. who placed a bag of 26 pillowcases in my lap.  
 They are all so colorful, but as always, I have a favorite and here it is, sewing tools!!!! Yea Linda!
She also included a precious Winny the Pooh,
 trains,
 and this beautiful batik print.
I especially love this shot. The pillowcases look like candy floating in the breeze.
Thank you Linda. It was a great surprise!
If you would like to participate, here is a link to the instructions, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html If you do decide to participate, email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com and let me know.
If you would like to read more about this project, here is a link to the other posts that I have done, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge
All of the collected pillowcases, our goal is 900, will go to the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma, Washington. Each child who is admitted to the hospital is given one of these special pillowcases. The hospital goes through 900 pillowcases each month.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment