f

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Butterfly Kisses

Still catching up on posting the pillowcases that are a part of our 731 donated cases for the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital pillowcase drive. Penny from Indiana sent in seventeen pillowcases! 

The gentle sweep of butterfly kisses sounds like a lovely way to gently fall off to sleep.
She also added fun flamingos swirling through a daisy background.
And I really liked the combination of a bandanna print with the flowers.
So often we go through life, just living our days and feeling as though we don't make much of an impact on the world. You can imagine my surprise when I read this lovely letter from Penny. This was like my own personal "It's A Wonderful Life" moment. Thank you Penny for such lovely words.

So butterfly kisses and and flamingo fantasies rounds out our 731 cases. I've received two more donations and messages that more are on the way. 900 is fast becoming a reality instead of just a dream. Thank you to all of you for making this happen.
There is still time to participate. If you would like to make even just one pillowcase, it will be greatly appreciated. Here are the instructions for the simplified pillowcase instructions, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html If you do decide to participate, email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com and let me know. You can also wait and email me once you've finished and I'll let you know where to send them. Our project is becoming part of an even larger project. I'll share more about that next week. I am just amazed as I see all of this unfold!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment