f

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Frabjous Couture's Me Made Mondays

If you have not been following Frabjous Couture's new(relatively new anyway)weekly post, she has decided to make Me Made May a weekly event. If you would like to commit to a weekly Me Made Garment, be sure to check out her blog. The garment does not need to be worn on Monday, just one day during the week. It's a nice opportunity to showcase garments throughout the year and an easy challenge to commit to just one day out of the week.
About a month ago I got the dress I did for the Sew It All television program back. They keep everything until they are sure they won't need it, so it can be quite a while before you get it back. You may remember that this is the Perfect Travel Dress.You can find the tutorial here. I wore the dress to church and when I left home, the sleeves were pulled up. During mass, they came down as it was so cold in the church and I needed something over my arms.
 My hibiscus is in bloom and it matches the dress!
 Rectangles, I love them!
Some of you have seen the Sew It All episode where I talk about how to make the dress. They sent me the DVD and I have yet to open it and take a look :( I really should!!
Hope you are or you have had a great day!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

16 comments:

  1. Love the dress, and wow what a huge flower! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a spectacular flower?!!! I also have a red bush.

      Delete
  2. I love your rectangle dress too. I'm going to make it a few more things: one for me and one for my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing dress! And that hibiscus flower is fantastic - never seen it that big! Thanks for promoting it again, and, of course, for participating!.. A lot of exclamation marks I see, but I could not resist )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the hibiscus flower almost steals the show! This is a lovely dress, and I have to admit I like the more relaxed approach to the me made concept - I was going to do that myself, when I have finished the semester, but it looks as though I'll be joining all of you, instead, which will be lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,
      I really like the once a week commitment as well as thinking about my wardrobe throughout the year rather than for just one month. So happy you'll be joining us, but I'm a little concerned about your studies. Hope all is okay.

      Delete
  5. Your dress looks good. Love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger. I bought those shoes and they set in the box for probably 2 years before I wore them. Now, I wear them all summer!

      Delete
  6. You have the most fabulous shoes to wear with your outfits! I do love the dress too. You work is perfect. You look great too. Have any lime green or neon green shoes that need an outfit? Since I no longer work outside the home I haven't make anything new in several years. I can't wait until next week. I will look to see if I have that Sew It All program with you in my saved shoes to watch. Thanks for sharing"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress! Such a simple shape, and you'd never know from looking at it when worn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra, for me, that's the beauty of a rectangle:)

      Delete
  8. You can't beat a hibiscus for pow factor in the garden! Mine are straining to get their blooms going before the cold sets in and are always my last bloom of the summer.

    Great dress on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered these a few years ago and I just love them them. I have a red variety in another area of my garden.

      Delete
  9. Lovely dress and that flower is a huge beauty.

    ReplyDelete