f

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Frabjous Couture's Me Made Mondays

I am really enjoying Frabjous Couture's Me Made Mondays. Like I said last week, it's basically Me Made May, the light version. 
For this week's entry, I wore a basic 6 gore skirt with godet inserts and a t-shirt of my own design.

 When standing still, the godets fall into the skirt, but when moving, they move right along with you.
And now for the BEST picture of the day!!! ;) the cowl of the tee.
Here's a picture of the top laying flat. As you can see, it has no shoulder seams. The angle of the cowl is what keeps it on the shoulders. The front and back are exactly the same.
Be sure to check out Marina's lovely skirt that she posted for Me Made Mondays. She would love for you to join along. You can link your post at the bottom of her post.
Until next week...
Sew On!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

16 comments:

  1. Rhonda, you are too funny. Love this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm standing here laughing about that photo :) Hey, if you can't make fun of yourself..... ;)

      Delete
  2. This outfit looks great on you! The top is genius in its design, and the skirt looks so comfortable. You win the prize for having the guts to post the photo of the cowl over your head. I've made that pose before, but never posted it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dixie. Funny thing about it is that my husband did not even make a comment about the picture. Just took it as though it was normal. I guess that says something ;)

      Delete
  3. That's a great top Rhonda. I have come across similar in the patent office records and some vintage images. Such a simple but exciting idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would LOVE to see those pictures.

      Delete
    2. I'm planning on releasing that post in the coming month. May also use it as a #PatternPuzzle, so I will hold onto the images until post if you don't mind. I will certainly add a link to your post. :)

      Delete
    3. Great! I'll look forward to seeing it.

      Delete
  4. I'm laughing out loud here, and the dogs are looking at me like I have lost it!! Great photo and I love that skirt and how the godets fall into the skirt. Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't laughing alone, I'm still laughing at myself. It's just another normal day for my dogs ;)

      Delete
  5. That's a great top and picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific top Rhonda. I would have never guessed at the construction. I just love the neckline! Great skirt too. Love your fabric selections and wish my stash were similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the top. I can't find a pattern though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The top is a pattern that I made. I have not published the pattern yet. I guess I should :)

      Delete