f

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sleeves On Saturdays

Today is a bit of an anniversary for me. Three years ago today I made my very first blog post. I had no idea what I was doing!!! Not only did I not know what I was doing, I had no idea where it all would go. It's been a bit frustrating at times, but all in all, extremely rewarding. There are those of you whom I've never met, but you've become friends. What can be more rewarding than that?!
So as a bit of a celebration, I've decided to take a look back at our Sleeves On Saturdays posts today. I love doing these posts and from many of your responses, I think you love them as well. Just like the Fabulous Free Pattern Friday posts, I intend to have 52 in all. At this point, we have drafted 22 sleeves. The week that we did the Twisted Dolman sleeve was really a 2 for 1 day as we drafted the basic dolman sleeve and then we had a little fun with it.
Take a scroll through. I've linked the original posts to each picture so you can easily find the instructions to each sleeve.  
The Stylized Tab Sleeve 
The Shirred Epaulet Sleeve 
The Pleated Draped Cap Sleeve 
The Cowl Draped Sleeve 
The Guiding Light Lantern Sleeve 

 The Square Shoulder Sleeve With Tucks
 The Shirred Wrist Sleeve
 The Simulated Cuff Sleeve
 The Epaulet Sleeve
 The Par 3 Sleeve
 The Darted Wrist Sleeve
The Cape Sleeve 
The Cowl Sleeve 
 The Extended Shoulder Draped Sleeve
 The Imelda Sleeve
You may remember that the Imelda Sleeve was a special request from Tania. You can see her finished version above. She told me that this was the first time that she tackled setting in a sleeve. What a beautiful job.

 The Twisted Dolman Sleeve
Drafting a Raglan Sleeve From A Set In Sleeve

We have at least 30 more sleeves to go!
I'll see you next Saturday with a new sleeve.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. Love your sleeve posts ..but tell why would anyone want Imelda sleeves today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tania wanted a traditional feel to her dress since she is originally from the Phillpines. Believe it or not, this has been a sought out tutorial as many want the traditional sleeve.

      Delete
  2. A really impressive array of sleeves, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary Rhonda! I'm so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit to a whole printed folio of Rhonda sleeves- I love these posts!!

    ReplyDelete