f

Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration

Good Morning and welcome to a brand new week!
I recently acquired piles and piles of vintage Modes Royale Catalogues. So what better to do with them than to share them with you?! The pictures are wonderful. This week I'm sharing the 1956 Fall/Winter Collection. As much fun as it can be to add a vintage piece to our wardrobe, most of us would rather not look like we just walked out of 1956. What these pictures offer me is inspiration, a pocket treatment, a stylized collar, an interesting sleeve, even a fabulous hat idea.
I hope you enjoy scrolling through. In the coming weeks I'll post more pictures. Like I said, I have piles!
This post has two labels, Monday Morning Inspiration as well as Modes Royale. So if you would like to find the pictures in the future, just put Modes Royale in the search box or click on the Modes Royale label and you should be able to come back to all the posts that contain these pictures.
Wishing you all a lovely and productive week.
Rhonda
Above, one of my favorite jacket silhouettes.







I love the suit on the right above.
Great pocket detail on the dress above.

 Check out the pockets on the dress above. The addition of the buckles is really interesting.








 There's a hidden pocket inside the style line of the dress on the right above.





Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

14 comments:

  1. How elegant they all are! And you are so right about 'lifting details' rather than taking a whole garment. There are a number of details I would like to use from these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you are finding something to take away from the pictures!

      Delete
  2. Love all of these; you lucky soul!

    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really lucky! But I like to spread the luck around ;)

      Delete
  3. Besides the elegant styles I loooove the poses

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look so glamorous and slender. I've never used a vintage pattern because the unrealistic drawings put me off - I'm not sure what my finished garment might look like on me with my dumpier figure.
    As soon as the measurements for my neck, bicep and waist are the same, I'll be all over these !

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing details on every garment. I even recognized a few details being used in fashions to day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, please! I could live in that time because it's my favorite style. I greatly appreciate this post and I will really enjoy. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it would totally be worth looking like Ethel Mertz (as I would!) to have these dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they are so special. Awe inspiring. I love this era. So many fun details. I would love to see the pattern pieces drawn on the instruction sheet. That would help with details to incorporate into my sewing. Thank you so much for sharing. What a treasure you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, If there is one piece in particular that you might like, let me know and I could draft out the pattern and show how it is done.

      Delete