f

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Tree Of Life Bag


I am preempting the Jenny Jacket today in order to correct a mistake that I made in the instructions for the Tree Of Life Bag. As I was working on mine last night, I realized that I published the instructions that I had originally written and there was a mistake that I had forgotten to correct in the new instructions. Hopefully, no one has moved on too far and I am catching you before you have to rip out the entire piece.
 The mistake is in the instructions for the center cable, Cable Pattern B.
You can see in the above picture that the center cable should have a small cable, twist and then move into the larger cable with stitches in the center. The instructions leave out the twists for the small cable. Here are the updated instructions. I will also update the instructions on last week's post where I published all of the instructions.
Cable Pattern B
(worked over 8 stitches)
Row 1: (Right Side), Purl 2, C4F, Purl 2
Row 2 and all even rows: Knit all knit stitches and Purl all purl stitches
Row 3: Purl 2, Knit 4, Purl 2
Row 5: Purl 2, C4F, Purl 2
Row 7: Purl 1, T3B, T3F, Purl 1
Row 9, 11, and 13: Purl 1, Knit 2, Purl 2, Knit 2, Purl 1
Row 15: Purl 1, T3F, T3B, Purl 1
Row 16: Knit all knit stitches and Purl all purl stitches.
These 16 rows make up Cable Pattern B.

Note that the only change is in Row 5.
If you would like to see all of the instructions with the updated change, click here.
I am so sorry for the mistake and I do hope that no one has moved on too far.
On another knitting note;
Sometimes I feel that I have the attention span of a gnat as I usually have my hands into quite a few projects at one time. I recently treated myself to a Rowan Magazine subscription.
 It's a bit expensive, but I feel that it is so worth it.
The magazine has wonderful articles.
 
 The photography is so lovely.




 And one of the nice little perks of a subscription is the gift that is included. With this subscription, I was able to choose the project that I would like to do. I chose a hat and glove set. This is the first pair of gloves that I've knitted and I'm finding them easier than I thought they would be.The yarn is as lovely as all Rowan yarns are. It's called Baby Alpaca dk. As you can see, the hat is finished and I've knitted the thumb in one glove and I'm ready to move on to the fingers. 
In the past, it was rather difficult for those of us in America to subscribe to the Rowan magazine, but it is now so much easier. Here's a link to their page. Sitting down with a cup of tea and my Rowan magazine is such a treat. It's like a small vacation to England and I never leave my chair!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. oh my, that is almost enough to make me take up knitting - the bag and the magazine. Yummy stuff.

    ReplyDelete