f

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Peg Skirt, The OOTD

If you are anything like me, you may be wondering what in the world OOTD means. Don't feel bad, it took me a while to figure it out, but it stands for Outfit Of The Day. I come  across a lot of blogs that use a lot of abbreviations, some I get and others, well, I just keep on going knowing that I've missed out on something!! Oh well.
The last week of March I posted a tutorial on drafting a peg skirt and then finished up the tutorial the beginning of April. You can see it here.
 I also made the little top with cars running all over it, but it's been just too cold to wear the outfit,
 until today.
 Actually, I've worn the top, once. We had a rather warm evening recently and I did wear it out.
I felt that I needed a little something over my shoulders today, so I threw on the little capelet that you see in the picture below. It is not the circle cape that you have seen many do, it actually has a dart in the back which works very nicely. It's one of my patterns.
You can see the killer white shoes that I told you I want to wear with a pair of pants to go with the Paco jacket pattern. When I say killer, yes they are rather high, but they are surprisingly comfortable. If I ever fall off of them though, Lord help me!!
A back view of the capelet.
With my hair out of the way you can see the dart that is at center back.
The dart, along with the soft gathers along the back of the neckline allow the top portion of the capelet to become a hood.
I sewed small buttons on either side of the neckline in order to close the piece and
to form the nice draped collar effect.
I think it looks rather nice. Aren't we lucky to be able to wear clothes that we've made?!
Hope you've had a lovely day.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

20 comments:

  1. When your show us the skirt and the top I liked it a lot, but now I have to say it's really beautiful and looks great on you.
    Saludos
    Maria Jose

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cool and lovely in this. Great colors and the shoes...well, I think we have similar taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly is! Especially when we look so nice in them. As you know I'm a huge fan of Paco, but haven't noticed this cape. The whole outfit is stylish, business like yet feminine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cape isn't Paco's unfortunately, it's mine. Thanks for the lovely compliment!

      Delete
  4. It certainly is a gorgeous OOTD. Have you posted or uploaded that capelet pattern? Its genius.

    BTW I'm sitting here reading your blog wearing your off the shoulder top. I seem to get a compliment about this top every time I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so happy that you are enjoying your top. That really makes my day. The capelet will have to be a pattern as the neckline is a little complicated to draft. I'll work on getting it ready as a PDF. Soon, I promise!

      Delete
  5. Very summery outfit and you are gamer than me with those killer heels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt and top look amazing! And what a fun capelet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Coordinate, Rhonda. Your capelet is cute and it does look comfortable. White color is very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! The cape is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It´s incredible your style and great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice skirt, top and especially the caplet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice blouse & skirt. I especially LOVE the capelet! You look terrific in the new outfit....and yes it is so nice to wear clothes that have been handmade by me....so I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All 3 pieces work so well together---beautiful! I love the skirt and capelet--very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to purchase the Capelet pattern, but I can't find it, nor can I find a link to your Pattern site on Etsy. Help. Thanks. Jenny Ebner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fabulous!! Each piece stands on its own, but together - pow!

    ReplyDelete