f

Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration

Bathing Beauties
I've been thinking about a new swimsuit. I know, I know, the panic that comes over us when we think about getting into a new suit. A few years ago I had a place on my chest that turned out to be skin cancer, so since then I have decided that wearing a two piece and exposing that area is just not worth the chance of a recurrence. So for today's inspiration I've found some lovely one piece suits that I think are absolutely lovely and probably a lot more feminine and attractive on a woman's body than most of the two piece suits that are on the market today.   

This is one of favorites. The draping of the butterfly is very attractive.
Anything with drapes or ruching is lovely.


I'm not big on the white colorof this suit, but in a darker color, I think it would be quite elegant. Actually, I like the detail around the neckline for a dress.

I love a vintage inspired suit.
Norma Kamali is a master of the feminine swimsuit.

I love the pattern on this suit as well as the push up bra.
I just had to include one two piece. Another Norma Kamali. Wear it in the dark :)))


A great cover up and look, it's all rectangles!!! I have to do this!

I am a huge fan of Liana Sandin of http://sewintriguing.blogspot.com/. She has done a number of fabulous suits. She had a suit that fit her well, so she copied it.

Liana participates in a water aerobics class and said that the chlorine eats through her suits, so rather than spend a fortune and tons of time looking for new suits, she makes her own for a fraction of the cost.
She uses a power stretch knit rather than bra cups and really likes how it gives her the ability to move which she needs for the class. 
Check out her blog. I think she just may inspire you to take a stab at a suit. 
Wishing you all a lovely week.
Just a little side note, last night's Sunday Night Reflections was something that I needed to be reminded of. I had a very disappointing experience a few days ago, so disappointing in fact that it kept me awake for a couple of nights. I read this piece and it brought me back to what is really important and the realization that sometimes, most of the time, we just need to let things go and remember what is truly important. So on that note, I will once again wish you all a lovely week filled with wonderfully enriching days.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. The cover up is striking! I like the contrast of flowy top and body-skimming bias skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to include this as a Free Pattern Friday piece. It's just too cute and too easy not to do. Glad you like it too.

      Delete
  2. Those are very lovely suits. I have made suits, in the past, like the white one with the buttons down the side.

    The cover up is lovely and floaty; we used to make ones similar to those using three large bath towels. They were very nice for pool side on chilly evenings after swimming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom madea cover up for me out of two towels. It was great, even for the hot Texas climate. Actually, I am planning a towel cover up for Free Pattern Friday.

      Delete