f

Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration

Fancy Pants
Pants are all over the map for the summer season. It seems that whatever you like, whatever you feel looks best on you, well, it's in "style." 
Hip hugging bold graphic prints with a full bell bottom. A nod to the past but so very much today. 
 Snake skin skinny.
 I really like this idea, a silk print with a ribbon trim at the ankle.
Not exactly my cup of tea, but a peg with skinny ankles. Notice how low the crotch is on this pair of pants. The print is interesting. It reminds me of a Georgia O'Keeffe painting.
An interesting idea, two fabrics mixed together. Horizontal lines around the legs are not for everyone, but it is interesting.
And finally, my personal favorite. I love the wide sweeping bell bottom and the very fitted hips and the high waistline as well as the super bold summer print. This pant just screams summer.
I think I've told you this story before, so please forgive me if I'm repeating myself. The south was still very conservative when I was growing up. Girls were not allowed to wear pants to school until I was in the 7th grade. The first time I was allowed to wear a pair of pants, it was glorious. I will never forget those pants, hip huggers that were teal blue with huge white daises that had yellow centers and wide bell bottoms. I wore a bright yellow mock turtle neck sleeveless knit top with them. Heaven!
Wishing you a lovely Monday. 
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. hello there, lovely post! thaks for sharing! i would live in chic bell bottom pants, only hard to find them in an extra long length like the examples above. i love when they cover the shoes! my fave is the one in the first picture!
    have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, these do remind me of pants long ago. I never actually owned any flowered pants - guess I was way too conservative even back when.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, right now the styles seem to be "whatever", which is fun, or confusing, depending on how you look at it. I have found myself wanting a bell bottom-y sort of pant lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda, I made my first pair of fancy pants last night. Thanks for the inspiration. The next pair will be a bold summer print, like the last pair shown in this post. I will do a show and tell soon. BTW- I love your stories. ;-)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your pants. I know they are spectacular!!! I do have lots of crazy stories.

    ReplyDelete