f

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Sew Liberated Clara Dress Sew Along, Week 5

Clara has her skirt!  
And she looks as pretty on the inside as she does on the outside :)
In this week's post, we add the side seam pockets, line the skirt and attach the skirt to the bodice. The skirt is attached with a French seam, making it easy to change or adjust the elastic when needed.
You can find the post on the Sew News blog here, http://www.sewnews.com/blogs/sewing/2014/05/19/clara-dress-sew-along-week-5/
And here is this week's video,


Next week, we'll finish the dress. I'll sew in the buttonholes, sew on the buttons and we'll talk about finishing the hem of the skirt.
Let us see your progress on the Flickr page, https://www.flickr.com/groups/sn_sewalong2/



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Ms. Rhonda. Today is the first time I've been to your blog to see your new "sewing channel". Congratulations! BTW- I sew my buttons on the same as you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a button sewn on like that before. Love it! I mostly sew my on by the machine now, but before I went all the way in and out and in and out from front to back and tied off in the back. This is much better. Thanks!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen button done like that before either. Thank you for yet another tip!
    Sewingelle

    ReplyDelete