f

Friday, May 23, 2014

Sewing Indie Month, Pattern Hacking Part 2

I'm back with a few pictures. I think this is my new favorite skirt!!
In the event that you missed this morning's post, this is the Zlata Skirt from Stepalica that I made for this week's Pattern Hacking post. You can find the earlier post here, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2014/05/sewing-indie-month-pattern-hacking_23.html
Check out the scarf I'm wearing. I didn't start the day off with the scarf. It was a lovely gift from Lisa of http://www.poldapop.com/, and it looks great with my outfit. How lucky am I?!!!!
 The skirt is just as cute from the back as it is from the front. Love it!
I see I missed a belt look :)) Oh well. You get the idea.
So as I said in the earlier post, just because a pattern states that you can't use a certain fabric, like stripes, with just a little manipulation of the pattern a lot of things can sometimes be possible.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

18 comments:

  1. A really cute skirt, especially paired with the black top and scarf! I love the dot arrangement and the pleats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting skirt, Rhonda! Two kinds of polka dots in black and white + batik in orange – very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the belt loops coming up out of the stripe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I was looking at this morning. I couldn’t believe the amount of attention to the detail. Very impressive. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why it is your new favorite. Love the fabric combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking gorgeous Rhonda. The monochrome combi is nice.- Diya TheHobbyHarbor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness this is so adorable....swore off buying any more patterns but this is a must. Your skirt is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks even better on you. I love all the details with polka dot motif in different scales. Thank you for showing off the Zlata pattern in such a great way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That skirt is GORGEOUS! Actually, the whole outfit is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling skirt, Rhonda and very flattering. You always get me with those graphic interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bunny. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip. Hope you had a great time!

      Delete
  11. Love the fabric choices. It looks so much better than pattern illustration (frumpy in my opinion).

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Beautiful skirt and it looks great on you too. All your hard work/play paid off - it's an impressive and unique piece of sewing artistry.
    It's also a great way to add some vertical lines to a garment - something I'm always trying to do. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Libby. I really enjoyed putting this skirt together and I enjoy wearing it even more. It's a lovely pattern.

      Delete