f

Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Morning Inspiration

Welcome to the start of a brand new week! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
I had the opportunity to attend the fashion show for the School of the Art Institute last Friday. It is always a very interesting experience and for me, a not to be missed event. This year was especially interesting. The show is set up with the sophomores showing first. Their garments are conceptual. They can be really out there, but it's interesting how many great design details are buried in the concepts that they have been given to work with. Below are a couple of examples. All of the pictures that I am sharing this morning are from the program book. 
 The juniors continue to work with concepts.  Below is a gown designed around plastic bottles.
Below are two more junior pieces.

The seniors show collections. The program book did not have the complete collection, just a piece or two.  
The picture below is from a collection designed around Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz.

The piece below was a bit creepy. Everyone around me felt the same way. Just something about the destuffed animals and the music that played during this collection. Then I saw this picture and the creepy factor continued!!!

A number of people remarked about the fact that there were so many pieces in the show that were pieced



The designer that did the piece below designed metal bustiers to go with her garments. Interesting, but I would think uncomfortable!!!


The piece pictured below was from my favorite collection in the show.








I did take pictures during the show, so I'll see if I can get them up later today. I think you'll get a better feel of the show with the runway pictures. Sadly, some are rather blurred, but I think I have enough that you'll enjoy seeing them.
The show was such a great experience. I left feeling pumped!!!
Have a fabulous week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Thanks for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love this show and having the opportunity to share the photos makes the experience all the better. Glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  2. I love these sorts of shows, but don't have access to anything like this where I live, so thank you for sharing these photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, I will post the runway pictures that I took. They aren't polished like these pictures, but I think you'll get a better feel for the clothes.

      Delete