f

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sew Liberated Clara Dress, Bodice and Collar Construction

This week's video and tutorial for the Sew Liberated Clara Dress Sew Along is up on the Sew News blog. You can find it here,  http://www.sewnews.com/blogs/sewing/2014/05/05/clara-dress-sew-along-week-3-collar-construction/
There are a few added features that I've added. This dress has a ruffle detail that I am adding to the collar, sleeves and hem. 
In the blog post I discuss how I added the ruffle to the collar.
 I also talk about adding a lining to the bodice.
 And we also discuss sewing on the front placket.
Here's this week's video,



Next week we'll discuss the sleeves. I will go over the keyhole version that is shown on the pattern and I will also talk about doing the sleeve without the keyhole and adding a ruffle that will compliment the ruffle that I added to the collar. Here's a sneak peak of the sleeve

Be sure to check out the Flickr page. You can find it here, https://www.flickr.com/groups/sn_sewalong2/. We would love to see your fabric choices and watch your progress, so be sure to upload your pictures!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty dress. I really love your fabric choices and the ruffles are very cute. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruffles are tricky on grownups, but this one works perfectly! Love the fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I read the blog after watching the video. Lots of work you're doing! I love the fabric and the ruffled collar. Thank you for all you do and share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lot of work goes into each video/blog post. I did all the videos for the year in 2 separate trips to Denver. They long and exhausting days. After I left, the videos were then edited and prepared for the Internet. So a lot of work on the part of many, but it's a lot of fun too!

      Delete