f

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Waffle Patterns Pepernoot Coat Sneak Peek

It's a beautiful, but rather cold morning in my part of the world. It was 70 degrees on Sunday afternoon, and this morning...27, and that's not Celsius!!! Oh well, it is Chicago :) For those of you who may be coming to the Pattern Review Weekend in May, know to be prepared for just about anything!
I missed connecting with all of you yesterday. I've had a place on my back that I've been dealing with, a little concerning as it is right at my spine. The doctor had given me some cream to shrink the spot. It was smaller, but he decided that he didn't like how it looked, so out came the knife. It was rather painful, so I rested and took it easy yesterday afternoon. I'm much better this morning and I'll shortly be off to my art class. Always puts a smile on my face :)

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the final Waffle Patterns Pepernoot Coat sew along post. The Sew News blog is showing that the post is up, but when you click on the post, nothing is there. I'm sure it will be fixed shortly. As soon as the post is up, I'll be back with links. In the meantime, I thought I would give you a sneak peek at my finished coat. I still need to press it(please forgive me), but all in all, I am quite pleased with how it turned out.


I decided to use the black velvet for the center panel of the hood. There was no way that I would be able to match the pattern, so I thought that the velvet was a better alternative. In the above picture, you can see that I also lined the hood in the velvet. 


A friend of mine gave me a bag full of buttons that her mother saved from what must have been an incredible wardrobe. In one box, I found the black velvet buttons that I used on the sleeves. Just the perfect button.


I didn't get the coat finished in time for Easter, but the Haute Couture Club of Chicago is hosting its annual fashion show this Sunday, so the perfect place to wear the coat. Sadly, I won't be to be in the show this year. 
Have a wonderful day!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

15 comments:

  1. Rhonda, that coat is FABULOUS! I love it so much--the fabric, the pattern matching...just incredible. Ouch on the medical procedure. Hope all is well with that spot and it heals as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In one word: MAGNIFICENT! Incredible work, and such a marvelous outcome! Bravo!
    Glad to hear you're feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would move away from the Southwest for a chance to wear that coat! Fabulous Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coat is absolutely gorgeous! You must feel so great wearing that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous coat and it looks lovely and toasty for the weather you are having. The buttons and piping trim look so polished. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I want that coat. It's absolutely gorgeous and those are my colors :). Love the velvet buttons. Sorry that yesterday included a medical ordeal. Hope all continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is just so beautiful!! Hope you recover quickly from your procedure :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous!
    And I hope you heal well and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I bet it looks fantastic on you. Your fabric choice is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your coat looks very stylish, Rhonda. I really enjoy the added touches (piping, buttons, and use of different fabrics) that give the coat your unique touch. These tips show how we can go beyond the basic pattern. Thank you! Your blog these last few weeks was very helpful. Prayers for complete healing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coat looks great! I hope your back heals quickly. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfectly gorgeous! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This coat is fabulous! I love how you have the double flowers at the top of the bodice. Great creative touch! Hope you feel all better real soon and enjoyed your art class.

    ReplyDelete