f

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Wednesday Showcase

We've all heard, "you don't get anything if you don't ask for it." I think there are so many opportunities, experiences, and even things we would like to have in our lives and yet we are afraid to ask. I know I have found myself more often than not in the afraid to ask category. Are we afraid of being turned down, afraid of voicing what we really want thinking that we might be judged? Of course the questions and possibilities could go on and on. What I think we need to grab hold of is the fact that life is short. We need to grab hold and live it to the fullest, and ask for what we want. Who cares if someone judges us? And even if the answer is no, maybe we need to ask again as we might possibly have simply asked the wrong person. 

Today, I am so happy to be the person who was asked and even happier to grant the wish :) Kinda feels like being a fairy godmother! A while back, I left a message on a Wednesday Showcase post and said that if you have a blog, by all means email me and let me know. I have discovered so many vehicles for discovering who is following my blog, and yet, it can still be so very difficult to find who actually has a blog. I know I am guilty of not attaching my blog address everywhere that I should. 

A few weeks ago, I came across an email in my spam folder which I was so happy that I didn't delete. A young woman named Johanna had left a message and told me about her blog. I love it, a woman who has taken the chance to ask for what she wants.  

So...meet Johanna, an aspiring fashion design student who loves to sew, knit and do just about any creative activity. Her blog is Making It Well which is not only the title of her blog, but the mantra of her life. She was sick for a period of time, has recovered and has made up her mind to be well and sew well. 

I love how she took this vintage pattern and made it look so fresh and new. Check out the back yoke. This is a very pretty feature on the blouse.


Johanna has such a cute sense of style. I love this flirty little dress with the bow tie. So cute! 


She loves to sew for herself, but she also makes some lovely pieces for her mom. Such a pretty wrap dress. It's McCall's 5974.


If you've followed the blog for some time, you know I love a cabled knit. Johanna is a wiz with a pair of knitting needles.


I look forward to seeing where Johanna's life journey takes her. I think it's going to be a great journey :)

A few weeks ago, I did a Monday Morning Inspiration post on stripes for spring. I found this picture of a pair of striped pants where the stripes are off set on purpose. Such a great look! 


Sue at A Colorful Canvas left a link to a fabulous blogger who has made a real life pair of the pants. Her name is Stephanie and you can find her blog at Sea Of Teal. Aren't the pants amazing?!!


Stephanie has been on a real stripe kick. A good thing as she does stripes oh so well.


I especially loved this little dress. Check out how the stripes match perfectly from the top of the dress into the skirt. 


Stephanie loves fashion, photography and sewing. That's like the perfect combination! The jacket and pants featured below are from Burda patterns. 


I typically reserve the Wednesday Showcase for those who are following my blog. As I've said before, my way of saying thank you and to help get the word out about your blogs and to let others know what you are doing.  I may be mistaken, but I don't think that Stephanie follows the blog, but I decided to make an exception as I knew you would enjoy seeing what she does. She really is amazing!

So as you head out today, be sure to think about what you really want out of life...and then start asking. We might all be surprised with what comes our way :)

Happy Wednesday!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

17 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Rhonda! I just came home from work and found your blogpost featuring me.
    You absolutely made my day!
    I started sewing 6 years ago and learned all by myself! I put a lot of love and work into my sewing (and photos) and I'm very proud you like my sewing work and blog so much.
    I wasn't following, but now I am! So I get to know more about your creative sewing and other fabulous bloggers!
    Thank you for your support and your lovely words!
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you feature other bloggers' creative talents. Beautiful creations by all these ladies. Cheers, Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I get more out of it than anyone :) Always a pleasure to do.

      Delete
  3. I think I actually like Stefanie's pants better than the designer. Thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Stephanie sees your comment as that is so nice!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! This is the best compliment! :-)

      Delete
    3. So happy that you saw the compliment :) I have to agree. Your version is so clean and you really get the full impact of the off set stripes.

      Delete
    4. Thank you! It was a bit of work to match the stripes, but sewing the fabric was very easy. :-)

      Delete
  4. Great Wednesday showcase! I love Stephanie's pants and Johanna's flirty bow dress, so Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the introductions Rhonda. New blogs for me to read and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the new blogs! Can I just say that I wish I knew you IRL? You're a very kind person and seem to always be looking to help. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, that is such a lovely compliment :)

      Delete
  7. Two great providers of inspiration. Thanks, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog through Stefanie's, and I'm so happy I did! You're all more than welcome to check out my blog too at purplepleats.blogspot.com. I'll be following along this space from now on too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for featuring me and for your inspiring words! I've been so busy with my schoolwork I only just saw this post :) it's taking over right now but I will be back to blogging soon. In the meantime I'll keep getting inspiration from you and all the other bloggers I follow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always my pleasure :)
      Good luck with your school work!

      Delete