f

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Me Made May

I still have a couple of pictures to post from last week. I'll get to those tomorrow. One of the things that MMM is showing me is that I wear a lot of black, much more than I thought. Interesting.
On Monday I got my new kayak out for the first time and managed to burn up my back. I'm wearing a top that is rather interesting, but I am still tweaking the pattern. I did make my tights. They are a little wild I guess as they are kind of a faux leather. I rather like them, but I guess they are a little off the wall.
Here's a picture of the top laying flat. The sleeves are reaching for the sky. It makes the top have some wonderful drapes, but over all it needs a little more fit than it has now. So a pattern in progress.

Yesterday I helped out with a science fair at our zoo that is here in the city. Lincoln Park Zoo is one of the last free zoos left in the United States. The top I'm wearing is just a funnel neck knit top, not worth really talking about. The skirt is an eight-gore skirt with pockets and a raised waistline. I blogged about it here. The skirt was perfect for what I was doing as I was able to carry my phone in my pocket and not have to worry about my purse.
I spent a good portion of today working in my garden. I'm pooped! There is always so much to do. You would not have wanted to see what I looked like while I was working. Once I took a shower and got cleaned up, I threw on this top that I did for a Fabulous Free Pattern Friday post. You can see that post here. I did not make the tights.I think they say Champion on the ankle. Funny!
Like I said, there's a lot of black. I'll see what I can do about that tomorrow. Whatever I wear, it won't be black!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! What an interesting top pattern, the sleeves are very attractive. I can't wait to see the final pattern and how you manage to make it more fitted.
    I really the skirt, It looks so easy to wear and chic, perfect for a day at the zoo. I find pockets a must, I miss them when I don't have them. When I leave them out I usually add them later.

    MMM is fun, I think we all learn something about ourselves looking at our month worth of outfits all lined up.
    I think your outfits are wonderful, and you always put something interesting with it so it doesn't come across goth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfits! Love the faux leather leggings, as well as the top. What kind of material is the faux leather made from? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not sure. The fabric is stretchy, obviously and it is very slick on the face side.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful skirt! I have a black/white print to make myself a new skirt too :-). My daughter lives just a block from the Lincoln Park Zoo and we usually take a walk there when we visit from Michigan. It's a Chicago treasure.

    ReplyDelete