f

Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Saturday Hello

I'm taking a day off from Sleeves On Saturdays. I think you might get the message from the above picture. I MUST clean my house!!! I have guests coming for dinner, so something must give and sadly it's the sleeve! 
In loo of the sleeve post today, I thought I would quickly share a few pictures of what some have done with the Anyway Which Way You Want top.
Back in April I taught a class on the top. I thought you might get a kick out of a picture that was taken of me working away. You're not getting the entire picture though. You can see that my hair is pulled back, but what you can't see is that I've pulled off my shoes. Very typical of me when I'm sewing, hair goes up and shoes come off!!! 
Here are two of the lovely ladies who took a chance on the pattern. Sue is on the left and Arnita is on the right. Both are such good friends. They do everything in their power to promote what I do. Such a gift! Another member of the Haute Couture Club of Chicago also made up the top and did a fabulous job and even dyed her fabric. The top is incredible, but I can't find a picture of it. I'll keep looking as I know you would enjoy seeing it.
This past week I received a message from Barbara. She was working on the same top and was having a few problems. As it turns out, it was easily fixed as she had the point of the triangle going up towards the shoulder. Once I explained that it went towards the hem, she was off and running. When I awoke this morning, I saw her message along with a picture of her finished top. She said that it is just too cold in Europe to wear it at the moment, but I am sure warmer days are coming :)
I love how everyone takes the pattern and then adapts it to their own style. Just wonderful. Thanks so much ladies for giving it a try. I'm always honored when you do!
My original top.
If you would like to see the original post and get the instructions, here is the link, http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2011/08/fabulous-free-pattern-fridays-but.html
Have a wonderful day. I think that this how I will look once this day is over!!!!!
:-)
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't remember where I found this picture. It is just so sweet. To be so tired that you just pass out!

      Delete
  2. Have a good day! I'm in the process of cleaning the garage and sorting my fabrics:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do both of those things as well. Last summer I organized the garage, but I recently noticed that my husband has managed to create some piles. Can't complain as I've created my own piles of fabric!!!!!
      Hope your cleaning went well. I was able to get mine done, bake a rhubarb pie, make dinner and then....I looked just like that little dog went I laid down last night :-)

      Delete