f

Thursday, May 2, 2013

MMM 2013, Day 2

Here we are...day two! If you look closely at the wheel barrow, you can see a mound of dirt. When I was out working in my garden a few days ago, I was turning dirt in some of my beds and took out quite a bit in order to add a border. The beds are finished, but I have yet to dump the dirt as the wheel barrow has a flat tire! So my husband is going to have to pump up the tire in order to move the wheel barrow. Welcome home honey!!! 
You may remember this dress. I posted it here last summer.
The great thing about it is that it can be worn with the "V" in the  front or the back.
I'll be in my studio all day today, so this will be quite comfortable. I paired it with a little undershirt that was purchased. My commitment to this Me Made May is to wear at least one garment everyday that I have made. Most days it should be more than just one piece.
When I'm in my studio, I just can't wear any type of heel so today's shoes are these funky little plastic shoes that actually have a velvet finish on the outside. They are super comfortable and won't add to the blisters that my shoes created yesterday! The designer is Judy Blame and the company is called Grendene, based in Brazil. I found this info about the company, http://www.sojones.com/streetwear/melissa-shoes/. Sadly, my bony, veiny feet don't really do them justice. Oh well ;)
Here's to a wonderfully productive day for us all!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

12 comments:

  1. You look lovely in your dress, Rhonda. Love your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come back to Chicago and you can spend time in the garden with me. It really is a special place.

      Delete
  2. Love the dress and the picture of you in it next to the wheel barrel of dirt. With your husband gone, how do you get these wonderful pictures of yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's home now. He just wasn't home when I did all the digging:)

      Delete
  3. I thought the picture was of you working in the garden in that beautiful dress!!! Much more suitable for the studio - it is such a well fitting dress on you ... J

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful in your dress, and the garden is wonderful looking. You have a nice place to sit and watch some of nature. Great job to you and hubby! Looking forward to seeing all your Me Made May outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress, Rhonda! It highlights your slim figure, I love the idea of ​​you looking so splendid to enjoy a day in your home. I'm sure I will enjoy immensely your "me made"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress certainly has the wow factor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this dress! And it's really hard to take good pictures of feet - I've tried and the veins always seem so much more prominent on "film"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous garden and your dress is wonderful and sounds perfect for your day in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great dress. Loving the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Rhonda - I wonder what the dress looks like from the front when the v is worn to the back?

    ReplyDelete