f

Monday, May 6, 2013

Me Made May 2013, Catching up

It was a busy weekend. Our little godson celebrated his first communion. He and his family live in a town just outside of Springfield ,IL, about a 3 hour drive south of Chicago. Since I was going to be in the car for a while, I decided to wear something really comfortable. I really like this dress. It's from a vintage John Kloss pattern. Easy to make and even easier to wear! I'll do a little more detailed post about the dress later. Here I am with my boy Kenny! He's such a great kid, creative and a great sense of humor.  
I had hoped to get a picture with Kenny in his suit, but I think the child was ripping off his suit as he walked in the door. Typical boy! I wore a little wrap dress that is my own design and a jacket I copied from a vintage coat that I have. Funny little story about the jacket. I bought that vintage coat in a resale shop and I could see that it was a home sewn garment. What you can't see in the picture is that it has a very nice little detail on the side seams. There are bound buttonholes and covered buttons. Once I finished my jacket, I found the original pattern! Rather fun.  
This is my friend Pam, the mother of Kenny. She is quite the remarkable lady, a CPA and a pilot! We met each other when we both belonged to a women's flying organization called The 99's.
 And here is the whole family. I actually met Pam and her husband at the same time. Our local chapter of the 99's had a Christmas party at an airport that our previous mayor managed to destroy. Anyway....we met and had an instant bond. At that time, they had no children. Life has changed a lot for them. Pam no longer flys. She has an incredible garden, fruit trees, bee hives and chickens, 3 boys and a husband!!! My husband and I are so honored to be the godparents to Mr. Kenny and I love being a part of their family.    
I'll be back later with a little inspiration for a Monday.
Hope you had a great weekend!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Now wait a minute! Do your blue shoes match your dress? What I mean is, did you cover them in the same fabric? I wouldn't put it past you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought those shoes a while back, maybe 5 years ago at Nine West.I have a couple of dresses that I like to wear the shoes with and I am always asked the same question that you've asked. If you were to see the shoes up close, you would see that they are a completely different fabric, but they seem to blend with whatever I wear them with.

      Delete
  2. A gorgeous outfit (both of them).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed the shoes too! How'd you do it? That is a lovely outfit, perfect for a spring First Communion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Good to see its staying dry over there. I have been to Springfield, I grew up in Quincy and get back there once and awhile still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect outfits for both occasions and love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Looks like you had a great time with your extended family. They must have a lovely home. You always look fantastic. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete