f

Friday, May 24, 2013

A Very Special Package

Pillowcases For Mary Bridge Children's Hospital 
When I put out the call for pillowcases for Mary Bridge, I was surprised and delighted when I received a message from Rosangela who lives in Belgium. Yes, Belgium!! A few weeks ago I received a message from her stating that she had finished her cases and was ready to send them to me. They arrived on Wednesday of this week. I was so excited when I arrived home and saw the box at my door.
Her pillowcases are lovely. It's a little difficult to see in this picture, but some of them even have embroidered accents. The second case from the left has some of the embroidery. She sent a total of 14 pillowcases. That alone is an amazing gift, especially coming all the way from Belgium!!
In the background of this picture you can see my garden tools and the seeds from the tree. We had quite a rain storm the last two days and that was followed by extremely high winds. I am hoping that this tree has finally shed it's seeds so I can clean up the mess!!
But back to Rosangela's gift. As I pulled out the pillowcases, there in the bottom of the box I found a gift for me, this beautiful piece of fabric along with a rose that can be pinned on my garment or worn in my hair and a lovely package of lavender that will make my drawers smell like the French countryside. So lovely and so very generous. I had said that when the packages arrive it feels like Christmas, well, this time it really was Christmas for me!!
Thank you so much Rosangela for your very generous contribution to this project. I know your generosity will be appreciated. It already is by me :-)
If you would like to participate  there is still plenty of time. I have extended the final date as there are so many that would like to work on them throughout the summer. Just email me and let me know that you are participating  sewbussted@yahoo.com.
Here is a link to the instructions, http://siterepository.s3.amazonaws.com/00569201012271239106026.pdf. You do not have to use this pattern, whatever method you enjoy using will be fine.
Thank you to everyone who has participated and to all of you who have pledged to help. I am so grateful and honored that you would join me on this quest.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. how pretty! This is a great way to sew for charity. I can easily imagine that these pillowcases are appreciated. I know I would enjoy one if I had to stay in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete