f

Monday, May 13, 2013

Me Made May Catching Up

This outfit will actually count for two days. I wore this on Friday and did not get a picture as I came home, took off my clothes and promptly went to bed. Since I wanted to take a few pictures and catch up, I thought I would take a picture of the outfit before I left to have lunch with my mother. As cold as it was yesterday, the coat felt so good, so I left the outfit on and wore it again yesterday afternoon.  
The black top is from a Fabulous Free Pattern Friday post and it is the Draped Front Ballerina top. You can see that post here. The pants are just a basic pair of white pants, not worth talking about and then a purchased t-shirt. The coat is one that I knitted a few years ago. I love this piece. The pattern is from a Vogue knitting magazine. Super easy to knit. If anyone is interested in the pattern, let me know and I'll look through my magazines and let you know the issue it appeared in.
Catching up is no fun, well, maybe a little. I still have Thursday, Saturday and today to post. I'll get that that later!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

14 comments:

  1. I would be very interested in knowing which issue of Vogue magazine contains the pattern for your coat - I like the classic, clean look.
    Thank you for posting and inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me a day or so and I will look for the magazine and I'll get back to you with the info. The coat is so easy to knit and because it is on large needles with a bulky yarn, it goes super fast.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful coat. I'm afraid I wouldn't have enough "stick-to-itivness" to knit a coat. I deal with hats and socks best. I haven't finished a top yet; several started, but not finished. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you knitted that coat? You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, but not really. This is one of those projects that has a great wow factor but is super, and I mean super easy to make.

      Delete
  4. Lovely coat. It looks warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a FABULOUS coat. Knitting is something I'd like to learn some day. My mom dibbled and dabbled in it enough to have a project or two but quite a bit of yarn stash. Red, white and black is such a classic color combination. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have such a yummy coat that looks and feels good. The color is quite wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lordy, that a lot of clickity click knitting! How much yard did that take?
    That looks like a perfectly stylish cocoon, in the perfect spring red. Oh, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been at a loss for quite some time as my favorite yarn store was in Houston, Yarns To Ewe. I waited to buy yarn until I came to Houston. Wendy had such a huge selection and the lovliest yarns. She closed about 2 years ago and I have yet to find a replacement store. The yarn for this coat came from her store. Not exactly a Houston coat, but it's great for Chicago!

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous coat, nothing quite like a chunky handknit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luv, luv, luv the coat. I also am interested in which issue of Vogue Knitting that it appears in as I have subscribed for years, so I'm sure the pattern/issue is under our roof.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning coat Rhonda. I wish I could knit!

    ReplyDelete