f

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

We Won!!!!!!!

The email arrived around 5 last night along with a number of other emails. My heart skipped quite a few beats and rather than open it right away, I read every other email first. Finally, it was the only one left unopened. Before I made the click, I did a little talking to myself, "if you didn't win, it's okay, your best days are still in front of you." Then with a click of the finger I read, "Congratulations Rhonda, you won." Wow!!! I'm still in a bit of shock, happy shock, but shock.
This has been quite a journey for me. It has always been very difficult  for me to speak up and ask for what I want. I accomplish whatever it is on my own or it just doesn't happen. It was difficult for me to post that I needed your vote. Just after I found out that the videos were up, my husband and I attended our ski club meeting. One of the ladies whom my husband has known for years was so excited and said that she was going to announce that everyone needed to vote for me. Before she stood up she asked if it would be okay. My first reaction was to say no and then I thought, "let her, you want this."
I am overwhelmed by all of your support. Shams, Jilly Be and Rosy posted the announcement on their blogs and asked all of their followers to vote. So many of you cross posted it on your Facebook pages. And even more sent emails out to your friends asking them to vote. So yes, this is our win, not mine alone.
When I wrote my first blog post, I had no idea what I was doing or what I wanted to say. Because of your kindness and support, I have found my voice and you have enriched my life in ways that I never thought possible. In turn, I hope that my quirky little posts add something to your life as well.
A big, big thank you and a congratulations to us all!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

46 comments:

  1. Great news!!!! You do deserve it! Just because you had help doesn't mean you didn't earn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Rhonda! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is well-deserved and wonderful. I can't wait to see where it all takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so fantastic, Rhonda! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous news! Congratulations! Just think, I knew you when........just kidding! You are so grounded but it is great to fly above now and then. You so deserve. Hope the healing is going with. Big congratulatory hugs sent your way! Go Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea!!!!!! Best news I've heard all day! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Rhonda. This is such wonderful news :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOT!!!!! Congrats, Rhonda! You really deserved this win! I can't wait to hear all about the experience of being on the show and watching it, when it is broadcast. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really great! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Rhonda!!!!! You have been on my mind all day today, and I am so glad to open the reader and find this post. You deserve it, good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, I knew you would win!
    Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hoo! Congratulations, Rhonda; you've earned this win!!
    TinaLou

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic news, well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Rhonda, this is fantastic news! Congratulations! I am so looking forward to seeing the episode when it airs. Hopefully, you'll become a recurring presenter. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. well done - congratulations and well deserved hope there is a you tube clip for us to watch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Rhonda! We are excited for you and are looking forward to watching your episode! So glad that our paths crossed.
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Your posts are always looked forward to. I admire your consistency with your blog. You deserve the win. I just hope I get to see the show here in Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! Can't wait to see your filmed segment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Rhonda !!!! Great news. Formidable !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am THIS excited for you! So well deserved! I hope & trust that the show will be watchable online - can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You deserved that so much, congratulations! You have given so much, and you're a great seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel happy that you won ... Like if one of my sisters had won the prize .. Bravo, Rhonda! You shared love and sympathy in each of your posts and this is only a small amount of love back to you ....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yeah!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Rhonda ! I'm very happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such wonderful news! Congratulations - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hooray! Fireworks going off for you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations Rhonda! Your fans spoke!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Allow me to join the chorus of congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Having spent the day flying, I didn't get to the blog yesterday, so missed a prompt CONGRATULATIONS. But Johnny Come Lately still says a huge Congratulations. You deserve to win, and I am looking forward to watching the entire series.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations! I knew you could do it! I'm absolutely thrilled for you and am looking forward to sharing the journey with you through your blog posts. I hope you enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Many congratulations - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations Rhonda. You thoroughly deserved it. You work so hard to give us all such pleasure with your "creative talents". Never be afraid to ask for help. You should feel very proud of yourself!!!!
    Cathy White (New Zealand) Its that "kiwi again!!!! Love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  33. So happy for you Rhonda! Congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well done and congratulations...very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations Rhonda! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Brilliant to hear that you won Rhonda! (I did vote so I have an interest!)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for your vote, but you have an interest regardless as everyone's support is what has kept me going:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. A huge pat-on-the-back from me - a well deserved win indeed!

    ReplyDelete