f

Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration

To my delight, I opened my Facebook page a few weeks ago and found a link that had been posted on my page. If you love fashion, especially vintage fashion, you are going to truly enjoy this link, http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/08/fashion-history-just-a-click-away/. I must warn you though, that you can spend hours on this site!!!
Here is a little about the history of the site, "In the 1930s, André Fashion Studios operated as a subscription-based sketch firm in the garment district. It sold fashion drawings to manufacturers in the United States and Canada to aid production, and over time, the library and F.I.T. ended up with separate parts of the studio’s work. The materials have been in the library’s collection since the mid-90s and were put into circulation in the early 2000s."
I've posted a few pictures that I enjoyed. Click here, and you will find the home page for this on line exhibit. From there you will find links to an incredible library of design. 















Thanks Jill for such an incredible find!
Have a wonderfully inspiring week.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. Oh, how I wish we still dressed like this at times. It used to be so much fun to people watch at the airport, or even to figure out what I was going to wear so that I, too, would look fashionable. Now women show up in flannel pajamas and sweats. I still dress up to a degree but not like I used to. An age gone by is so sad. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with jenny I wish we were able to dress like that - I was born too late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, I have the vapors. These drawinggs are utterly fabulous. Thanks, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These drawings are absolutely beautiful. Imagine them sewn up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I loose some weight...I will make some of those items to wear....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks....when my waist gets smaller...I will wear some of these styles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I love it !!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. What stunning pieces!!! Vapors indeed lol! Thank you for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete