f

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I'm In Love With Another Man!

It's true! I'm in love with Paco Peralta!! I just finished his Treky Dress pattern
and it is wonderful. I love the design, I love the fit....I love Paco for designing the pattern!!
When I received the pattern, I had wondered how the yoke would look on the body. I must say that it falls in exactly the right place along the bust line so that it accents the bust without drawing too much attention to the bust. Now that is very difficult to do. But leave it to a master and he'll do it!
The dress is perfect for jewelry as the neckline hits in exactly the right place. I opted to not wear a necklace for the pictures because I did not want to detract from the dress. 
When I test a pattern, I like to cut it exactly from the pattern. As you can see in the picture below, the dress fits beautifully. I did take it in along the sides and in the back so that it fits my waistline. I also made a small adjustment in the center of the sleeve where the sleeve and the cap of the yoke meet. This was just a matter of giving the yoke a smoother fit on my arm. Not a big fit issue my no means.
One other change I made was that I did not insert a zipper, primarily because I was unable to find an invisible zipper that matched my fabric as well as I would like. The yoke is low enough in the back that I could just sew the seam up to the yoke and then leave the yoke open to the neckline and still be able to slip the dress over my head. For my closure I covered buttons and made loops. I'm very pleased with the outcome.
My suggestion is that you immediately go to Paco's Etsy store and get this pattern.  You can find his store here, http://www.etsy.com/shop/bcnuniquepatterns?ref=seller_info_count I see that there are only two available at the moment. I know that the shipping is steep, but you can buy more than one pattern and the shipping goes down on a second pattern. A thought I had is that you could get together with some friends and buy your patterns together and then just split the shipping costs and that would bring it down considerably. Regardless of shipping costs, I am going to be ordering what looks to be a wonderful pattern,
The Kimono Jacket. Look at the detailing along the buttonholes. Beautiful!!!
The Treky Dress is the third Paco Peralta pattern that I have made(the first was The Draped Top pattern and the second was The Unique Jacket pattern)and I can say without a doubt that his patterns are well designed, beautifully drafted and fit with an elegance that we all strive for.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

35 comments:

  1. Stunning, Rhonda! Paco's patterns are indeed impeccable! I love that color on you--the closure is very attractive--can you tell us about the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patti. The fabric is a cotton knit. It only has a crosswise stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! Your fabric, the shade, everything makes this dress look like Paco made it custom for you, girl!

    Great job!
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had Paco sewing for me!, well, life would be perfect ;)
      Thanks Kelley!

      Delete
  4. As always, your dress is impeccably sewn, and you look terrific in it. I like your addition of buttons. The color of your fabric looks very similar to the linen jacket I just completed. Nothing like a bright color to bring cheer in the dead of winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dixie:) this is my favorite color. It happens to be the color of my birthstone as well.

      Delete
  5. I love that closure! And the dress looks fantastic on you! How did you do the loops? Small tubes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you have fallen in love so hard. DRESS.IS.BEAUTIFUL. You look fabulous wearing it! Back buttons - perfect addition.l

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color, perfect fit and you look fabulous. Paco is down right talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect. The closure is to die for.
    Great colour. Great fit. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paco's patterns are gorgeous. Your dress is beautiful and it looks perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how lovely! The color is very nice on you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. By looking at your dress it is so easy to understand why you are in love with, Paco and is pattern. Wonderful colour as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would look great on you as well Anne-Marie!

      Delete
  12. Such beautiful workmanship, Rhonda! That dress fits you perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really gorgeous, and the color is wonderful on you. Those buttons and loops look perfect. I hope you sent a copy of the photos to Paco.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too am a big fan of Paco Peralta. And your execution is flawless. The color is also quite perfect for you. Thanks for sharing this! And I too love the kimono jacket. Very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Rhonda. The back buttons are a special detail. Thank you very much for trusting my pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paco for giving me the opportunity to try it. It's such a wonderful pattern!!

      Delete
  16. I love it! I have the pattern too and can't wait to make it. Can you tell me a bit more about the armhole adjustment you made? The fit is perfect on you. I really love the back closures...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. Fabulous dress. And you look fabulous too. This si teh second great Paco pattern I've seen already this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Replies
    1. I wish we lived closer to each other:) You make me smile...a lot!!! And I can use that right now. Thanks Bunny.

      Delete
  19. Looks lovely! And the yoke line is definitely in just the right spot! The color is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just doing catch-up Rhonda.... your dress is stunning. I love my Treky tops but I wondered what it would look like as a dress and you've convinced me. You look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh beautiful dress, love the buttons - great colour too

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful dress. I had the pleasure of meeting and going fabric shopping with the lovely Paco in Barcelona. He is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete