f

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

That's It...I'm Moving To Barcelona!!

Not really, but I do love Paco's patterns. As I said with the Treky dress, Paco understands a woman's body like no other pattern maker out there.  
The skirt that I am wearing is Paco's Apron Skirt. You can find the skirt pattern here, http://www.etsy.com/listing/112929239/very-easy-apron-skirt-pattern-for? This is a pattern that we should all have in our sewing wardrobe of patterns. The pattern is so versatile.
The skirt is drafted with princess seams in the back of the skirt which allows wonderful options for fitting. I am between a small and medium size in Paco's patterns. For this skirt, I cut the center of the apron panel and the center of the lower front panel as a small. I left the side seams as a medium size. I also cut the back as a medium size. Then I was able to beautifully tailor the fit over the bum area because of the extra seams in the back.    
The waistline is raised. I would typically interface this area, but because of the fabric, I decided to stitch stay tape exactly on the roll line. You can see this below.
If you look closely, you can see my stitching line exactly on the roll line below.
Since my fabric had a tendency to ravel, I decided to finish the edge of the hem allowance with seam binding,
and stitch the hem with a catch stitch.
Paco drafted the pattern so that the lining completely finishes the inside of the skirt.

I covered a hook with a buttonhole stitch at the waistline.
And for the first time ever in all the years that I have sewn, I added proudly a label to my skirt, Paco's label.
This pattern would make a wonderful color blocked skirt. You can also put the apron panel and the lower portion of the skirt back together and eliminate the apron portion is you like. There are just so many options with this skirt. 
This is a skirt that I will be making again, and again. I love it!!!
In case you are wondering, the draped top is sadly not Paco's pattern, but mine. I have made Paco's top though and I love it as well.
Now don't hesitate, run as fast as you can to Paco's site and pick up his Apron skirt. I think you'll love it as much as I do!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

16 comments:

  1. great...you have a gorgeous figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, I'm sold. I will get this one. Your skirt is lovely and I see why you would make it again, and again. I would have never thought of the fabric combination. Thanks for showing "me" how to consider two patterns/prints instead of the ole plain and prints approach. You rock as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I love the mix of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely - I don't know the brand of patterns but can see you are really pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the good review with pictures. I like Paco's patterns but feel that "apron" would emphasize my already generous stomach. Good to know you don't have to use it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great combination of fabrics and one of the best apron skirts I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a problem, I don't know if the skirt like me more inside or outside, this looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree with you! It's a superb pattern... Run fast to get your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your choice of fabrics for the skirt! Also I love your draped top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done an amazing job with this skirt and top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I have to buy that pattern to - and use the ones I bought from Paco in Barcelona!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous combination and styling!

    ReplyDelete