f

Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration

Our Modes Royale trip is over, sadly. Last week I told you that I had something vintage to share. Below is a picture from my studio. Trust me, there is nothing inspirational about my studio at the moment, well, maybe it would inspire a mess!!! The pictures that you see are old salesman's samples from the 1930's. I found them in an antique store in Galveston, Texas and I love them. As you can see, they are framed so I was unable to scan them and get better quality pictures. Hopefully you'll still be able to enjoy them and take away a few ideas.
Each picture is accompanied with the fabric. Before they were framed, it was a real treat to touch the fabric. The quality is exceptional.

 Isn't the back on the dress below lovely?
Notice the tabs on the jacket below and how they wrap around the belt of the dress and hold the jacket in place. Great idea.

 The suit below is one of my favorites.

 I love the sleeves on the dress below.

Below is a sample of the pricing. Notice the sizes. The smallest size is a size 14! That's not today's 14!!!!
I have never been able to figure out if you paid for the dress and the fabric separately or if you could just buy the fabric as there is a price for both.
A little something different for a Monday morning. Hope you enjoyed them. I do have three catalogues that are Spanish fashion patterns from the late 1940's that I would be happy to post unless you are sick and tired of vintage fashion. Just leave a comment and let me know if you would like to see the pictures. I will say that they are lovely.
Have a wonderful day. Wishing you all a very special week!
Rhonda   



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for showcasing 1930's fashion. I love that era for the bolero topped sun dresses and bias cut skirts. Wonderful stuff, well, and the hats. I'm not sick of the vintage style sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detailing on these 'frocks' especially the skirts. If I had better repro skills I would be wearing them. Sometimes I watch Turner Classic movies just to see the clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great art for your studio! I'm not sick of the vintage outfits if you are not sick of scanning them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic, that these wonderful vintage advertising/sample pages adorn your studio. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! YES! YES! More vintage pix. Since I KNEW growing up that I would dress just like Jean Arthur, I love the styles. Even if they were 40 years out of my timeline. Oh, well. The tabbed jacket you liked also has some nifty front walking pleats tucked into the stripes. Guuuurgeous.
    Thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also vote for more pictures!!! Those styles are just so stunning, and well designed. Would love to be able to wear them...J

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fashion gallery; what a neat display. I have a set of salesmen's samples I must get around to framing one of these days. Mine are embroideries and laces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I would love to see your collection. I bet the pieces are beautiful.

      Delete
  8. They're all lovely shapes. I love how the fabric is used to give every look a longer line. I need to wear longer lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these vintage pics. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, please share the Spanish pics. Always enjoyable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to see your Spanish vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Style 773 is definitely for me. The skirts are rather long - not flattering for the petite.

    ReplyDelete