f

Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Friday!!

Good Morning Everyone!! At least it's morning in Chicago :) I have a hair appointment today, so I will be doing another post with pictures later this afternoon(once I look presentable!!).
Yesterday afternoon I received a delightful email from Jenny, a follower and she said,
"You definitely make it difficult for me to keep my mind on court reporting.  I am always off to the sewing room to try another of your designs.  They are so much fun." 
She included pictures and as you have found out, there's nothing more I love to do than brag on all of you when you take a chance on something I've posted.
Below you see her slippers, too cute!!
But she didn't stop there, check out the robe. Oh how I wish Prttynpnk had this for Jungle January!! A complete ensemble!
 She also included this picture.
She did the sleeve I posted a few weeks ago, The Bending Willow Sleeve. You can see my sleeve as well as the post here, http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/01/sleeves-on-saturdays.html.
Jenny said, "I actually had the jersey knit in my stash. I next to never wear or work with prints. I love them, and I have no idea why I never use them, but I don't. I've had that jersey print for a long time, and when I saw your billowy sleeve, I wanted to try it and went searching to see what I had on hand. Now, not only do I love the sleeve, but I love the shirt! And I managed to clean out one more piece from the ever increasing stash!!"
You look awfully happy to me Jenny!! I love it!

Not long after I received Jenny's message, I saw a post from Javie of http://dashingmarmot.wordpress.com/. She has made the Draped Front Ballerina Top I posted here, http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2011/12/fabulous-free-pattern-friday_30.html.
Here's her lovely creation,


She made some alterations to the top as Javie is quite petite so she didn't want the top to overwhelm her body. The only thing that she was not happy about was that the top seemed to pooch out at center front. She thinks it may be the fabric she chose. I told her that she could fold in the drape so that it is not as exaggerated, but I think it is really cute. She used a Missoni fabric. You can see her post here, http://dashingmarmot.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/missoni-draped-ballerina-top/ I have a piece that I think I am going to use to make the top and add long sleeves. You've inspired me Javie!!!! Really, a lovely top!

By the way, I sound like a broken record, but if you would like to make the slippers that Jenny is wearing, you can always email me, sewbussted@yahoo.com, and I'll  happily send out the pattern. It's a PDF so no mailing involved. You can see my original post on the slippers here, http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2012/09/fabulous-free-pattern-friday_20.html
Have a wonderful day everyone and sew on!!!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Rhonda, Thanks for the kind comments! I would love to see your next version with the long sleeves too! I was thinking of experimenting more with the pattern. I used my hip measurement but since the knit already stretchy maybe I can reduce that down a bit for a more fitted look? Maybe use my waist instead? The top is supposed to be loose so I am not sure how it will turn out. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I looked at your top, I thought that you could taper it down a bit as you are quite small. You should be able to still do that with this one, you'll just have to redo the hem on the sides.
      I think that rather than using your waist measurement, I would not add any ease to my hip measurement and maybe even subtract a couple of inches as long as you are using a knit.

      Delete
  2. These are all great versions of your pattern - a real showcase!

    ReplyDelete