f

Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration

I promised to share my Spanish pattern catalogues and here they are, well the first of three. A few years back, my husband and I had an opportunity to go to Europe to ski. The final few days were spent in Barcelona, such a wonderful city. One day we were out walking and we came upon a flea market. Me resisting a flea market is about the same as resisting a peek inside a fabric store. As I walked through the different vendors I came upon one that had some very interesting items and it was there that I found the three catalogues that I will be sharing. So not only are they interesting, they bring back lovely memories as well. 
The first catalogue is from 1949. It's quite different from the Modes Royale catalogues that we took a look at, but on the other hand, I think that as you scroll through, you'll see many similarities, lots of buttons and an emphasis on a small waist.  

I love the vests in the lower left hand corner above.

















Look at the coat above and how the pockets are hidden in the seam.


I hope you enjoy the catalogues as much as I do. I seem to see something new each time I take a look at them.
Have a wonderful day!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda, thank you for taking the time to share these books. This one reminds me of my grandmother, and a few style of my mother. Gram was quite the fashionista, and Mom had that crazy skinny waist. She was a classic hourglass, with the tiniest waist. I see a few styles in these pages that I would wear today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your grandmother as well as your mother must have been true beauties. What am I say? Of course they were beauties, look at you!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Rhonda! You made ​​my day with this wonderful post! I cant wait to see the rest of the magazines in my language! And take the opportunity to ask you .... I have the need to sew a dress inspired by 40s ... Do you have a catalog of this decade to share?? It should be in the first half of this decade .... I would be eternally grateful to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosy, The next one that I'll post is another pattern catalogue and the last is more of a magazine. They are all so interesting. As for the early 1940's, I don't think I have anything, but I'll look and see. Just remember, we were all at war and the styles were shorter and used very little fabric as they were trying to conserve.

      Delete
  3. ohh .. I had no idea about this magazine. Funny, is a magazine published in Barcelona, ​​however, the title and the season are in French. I guess you buy it in the "San Antonio" market. There are always many old magazines and the price is usually good. Thanks, I'm aware of the next two magazines. Paco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that the day I bought the catalogues, we had taken a walk on La Rambla, came to the end and there we found the market. There were so many lovely things, but I had to choose something small. I found the catalogues and I was very satisfied!!! I absolutely love them.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it is the San Antonio market. Now is dismantled in renovations. It's wonderful.

      https://www.google.es/search?q=mercat+de+sant+antoni&hl=es&client=firefox-a&hs=WcZ&tbo=u&rls=org.mozilla:es-ES:official&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=8NIjUfDFHIK7hAe65IGQDQ&ved=0CEoQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=644

      Delete
  4. Rhonda thank you for sharing these - what wonderful drawings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Rhonda for your wonderful inspiration. Those are some of the best swing coats I've seen.

    ReplyDelete