f

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Night Reflections

If you talk to any successful person, they'll tell you that somebody believed in them. Somebody planted a seed and encouraged them when they were down. Somebody helped them get a good break. Somebody believed when even they themselves did not.
Thomas Edison encouraged Henry Ford. Mr. Ford was introduced to him as "the man trying to build a car that runs on gasoline." When Edison heard it, his face brightened up. He hit his fist on the table and said, "You've got it! A car that has its own power plant; that's a brilliant idea."
Up to that point, no one had encouraged Mr. Ford. No one thought it was a good idea. He had just about convinced himself to give up, but along came Edison who spoke faith into him. That was the turning point in Henry Ford's life. He said, "I thought I had a good idea, but I started to doubt myself. Then along came one of the greatest minds that's ever lived and he gave me his complete approval."
That's what can happen with a simple vote of confidence. There is great power in the words, "I believe in you."   

Taken from the book, "I Declare" by Joel Osteen



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. You know where I stand, don`t you....and my feeling has not changed. Let me know when you need a booster shot...{{grin}}

    ReplyDelete