f

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Post From Ruthie K Sews

Just before I went to bed last night, I was pleasantly surprised to see Ruthie's post. When she sent the picture of her top, I loved the red that she chose. Little did I know that it was chosen just because she happened to have red on her serger!! I told her that she needs to make many more red garments as she just shines in this color. Thanks so much for the post Ruthie!

You can find her blog here, http://ruthieksews1.blogspot.com/

Rhonda's 'Lend Me Your Shoulder' Top - Pattern now available

You may recall that I was lucky enough to be one of the testers of the 'Lend Me Your Shoulder Top' by the lovely Rhonda Buss. Fantastic news is that Rhonda is now selling this pattern and others in her Etsy Shop. So if you want to make your own you can!
This is a cool top which is the same front and back and has different sleeves and a cowl neckline to give an off the shoulder type or cowl effect depending on how you wear it.

It's great with jeans for casual evenings out, I've already worn it quite a few times, which for a test garment is a bonus. The red was a happy accident, becuase I had red on the serger already I pulled some matching fabric from the stash.
I did do a full bicep alteration and increased the body by one size (I am bigger than the Large) so watch out for this if you are not a teeny person. The alterations are easy enough though as there are only 3 pattern pieces.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment: